The wife is trying to convince me to…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
She’s trying to convince me to have another baby. That honestly scares the hell out of me with the current administration and the current events in the nation. We have one, a 2-1/2 yr old boy and things have just been on cruise control and it’s been nice. To be almost done with diapers and to have to deal with diapers again in about a year would suck.. not to mention more money for daycare… what say ye, OSA? Am I being a selfish prick by not giving her another kid and our son a brother or sister? Are my thoughts on the current events and administration a silly thing to worry about? We both have good careers so financially it’s doable.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: she said I could buy a bigger safe if I give her a baby.

She’s trying to convince me with gun stuff. She knows my weakness!
Watch Out Its It's a Trap. Pretty soon everytime you get a new gun she gets another child. My suggestion is just hide all future gun purchases.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The important question is HOW OLD ARE YOU GUYS? If you're over 30, my answer would be no. If you're under 30, I say absolutely. Diapers are awful, but the next decade is awesome with babies. You'll only regret them every once in a while. The times in between are 100% worth it. Those smiling faces, those moments of teaching, those bright eyes looking to you to guide them and show them the way.
Kids are awesome - until you hit 50. You don't want to be chasing rebellious teens at 50. You want to be enjoying iced tea and grand babies, or vacations.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The important question is HOW OLD ARE YOU GUYS? If you're over 30, my answer would be no. If you're under 30, I say absolutely. Diapers are awful, but the next decade is awesome with babies. You'll only regret them every once in a while. The times in between are 100% worth it. Those smiling faces, those moments of teaching, those bright eyes looking to you to guide them and show them the way.
Kids are awesome - until you hit 50. You don't want to be chasing rebellious teens at 50. You want to be enjoying iced tea and grand babies, or vacations.

I guess I should have stated we are 26 and 28.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s apparent your wife really wants to have another kid, so it behooves you to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with her. Share your thoughts with her, listen to hers, and try to understand each other’s perspective. Otherwise one or the other of you may grow to resent the other’s mindset. Head it off now, so to speak, and reap the benefits in the future, whether that be in the form of stinky diapers or a more cushy retirement portfolio. Whatever you do, good luck!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: she said I could buy a bigger safe if I give her a baby.

She’s trying to convince me with gun stuff. She knows my weakness!
1) there is no way i would have a child today (I am worried for my grown sons right now as it is). 2) guns are much cheaper then children in the short and the long run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom