The wife is trying to convince me to…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give her the beans lol

In all seriousness, we felt what u are feeling now after our first. Then after waiting for a few years had lots of pregnancy issues for a couple years. The results of waiting + the unforeseen issues leaves us with a 12yr old and a 3 yr old. I love them both to death but I wouldn’t wish that age gap on anyone
That’s nothing, we have a 5 year age gap between the first two, then a 17.5 year age gap between the middle, last one (and a vasectomy). Yep, 23 years between the oldest and youngest.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She’s trying to convince me to have another baby. That honestly scares the hell out of me with the current administration and the current events in the nation. We have one, a 2-1/2 yr old boy and things have just been on cruise control and it’s been nice. To be almost done with diapers and to have to deal with diapers again in about a year would suck.. not to mention more money for daycare… what say ye, OSA? Am I being a selfish prick by not giving her another kid and our son a brother or sister? Are my thoughts on the current events and administration a silly thing to worry about? We both have good careers so financially it’s doable.

If I had my life as a "do-over", one thing I would change is children. I'd have had ten of them if I knew then what I know now.

In the end, your wife and kids are all that matter.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll say this without reading all the replies:
Life is always/tough/scary/dangerous times. Political issues are never fully resolved. Think how tough it would have been to have kids in 1865, 1915, 1935….and on and on. Yet, people still did. Humanity has survived so far. You just do the best you can with what you’ve got.
We are parents of an only child. We are in early 40’s pushing mid-40’s. Our boy is 13. He’s great and very well adjusted, but he’s always wanted a brother or sister. We just didn’t feel like we could do it.
My wife and I talk all the time and one our biggest “regrets” might be only having one offspring.
I know this is a sample of one, but I’d have at least two kids.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only thing I can put in is, don’t have em like we did.
Oldest 19
Middle 12
Youngest 3
The oldest and middle used to fight like cats and dogs. Now the middle and youngest fight like cats and dogs…
I will second this advice. Mine are 30, 28, and 16. Absolutely don’t spread them out like that. :screwy:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Go for it. Mine are 29 and 26. Kids can be some of the most rewarding things in life. When you see them making good decisions and bettering their lives, it brings a strong feeling of accomplishment.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In reading through the comments, I didn’t see that anyone actually answered your question, so I will. YES, you are.
Im not saying this to be adversarial or anything, but I have spent a lot of time solo driving thinking about the "selfish" thing in general. I have come to the conclusion that there really isnt an unselfish side to any discussion/argument.

I was an only child until my half brother moved in with us in my early teens. I can't imagine growing up any other way. My wife was one of four and couldnt imagine growing up any other way. I think the correct answer lies with each house.

I told my wife before we got serious that I had no intention of passing my genetics on and there was little to no flex in my position. She had two truly awesome kids, 5 years apart, and that was enough for me. I stand by the fact that I got to cheat the system. The kids were thoroughly vetted beforehand and no gambling of a genetic slot machine was necessary haha. I can't imagine any kid feeling any more like mine than these two and I get to pass on the parts of me that are worthwhile, my personality haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom