There Are Still A Lot Of Good People

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Due to a little problem, this past week I have been out and about with an “erector set” looking brace on my leg and walking with a cane. I have experienced a great sensation of having people open doors, step out of my path, offer to carry things , etc. Politeness is not dead, common courtesy is alive and well, in spite of some of the things that have been discussed here and other formats. A good experience for me to look at my interactions with others.

And as a side note, it was people of all races, ages, etc., but the majority of folks assisting me, were teenagers and young adults.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can be surprising, but there are a lot of "helpful" folks out there with manners. We are seeing a lot of it here in Alabama, so long as one isn't in one of the bigger cities. Some in those cities are outright rude.

When I can, if I see a young man holding a door for someone, including his wife or girlfriend, I try to compliment him on being a gentleman.

Latest posts

Top Bottom