They were shooting at me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. So I'm an old guy among many at the company I work for and we just decided to hire some young engineers so us old guys can get them trained before we retire. Of the five, two just got of active duty military. Both operating in Afghanistan and in harms way. One was EOD. They get along great and have lively fun conversations. The EOD guy was getting a teasing from the engineering guy but I couldn't hear exactly what was said. But engineer was teasing EOD about being slow and engineers wouldn't take so long. But then the catch phrase came from EOD "yes it was slow but they were shooting at me." he laughed and it made me laugh. But it really isn't something to laugh about. Even a year after the actual event happened. Just needed to pass this along.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. So I'm an old guy among many at the company I work for and we just decided to hire some young engineers so us old guys can get them trained before we retire. Of the five, two just got of active duty military. Both operating in Afghanistan and in harms way. One was EOD. They get along great and have lively fun conversations. The EOD guy was getting a teasing from the engineering guy but I couldn't hear exactly what was said. But engineer was teasing EOD about being slow and engineers wouldn't take so long. But then the catch phrase came from EOD "yes it was slow but they were shooting at me." he laughed and it made me laugh. But it really isn't something to laugh about. Even a year after the actual event happened. Just needed to pass this along.
Great story! My Uncle was EOD in the Korean war. Never heard any stories, but can't imagine going up to a bomb to deactivate it. HuGE cahunas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom