TheYankeeMarshal: What is a "Fudd???"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't watch the video, but they say that the original Fudd, Elmer, was a pretty cool guy in person. He was just misunderstood is all.
Drank too much. Wasted away, friendless in a squalid hovel down by the river. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably agreed with his definition of a FUDD.
I’ve never seen any of his other videos.

I haven't watched that many of his videos either. This FUDD video had me :scratch: and somewhat/mostly agreeing with his definition. That's why I was wanting other opinions on him. From what I have seen previously, it's about a 50/50 & like/dislike vote. He sure isn't in the top 10 firearm video websites/forums that I view/visit on a regular basis.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't watch the video, but they say that the original Fudd, Elmer, was a pretty cool guy in person. He was just misunderstood is all.
Drank too much. Wasted away, friendless in a squalid hovel down by the river. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

In the Elmer Fudd cartoons that I recall, drinking was not one of Elmer's weaknesses. Unsuccessfully outwitting that wascally wabbit was his major short coming.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TYPICAL FUDD STANCE ON THE 2ND AMENDMENT
elmer-fudd.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TYPICAL FUDD STANCE ON THE 2ND AMENDMENT
elmer-fudd.jpg

Like the video said, it’s not just shotgunners.
As he stated, it started with a riff in the NRA about sport shooting/ hunting VS defense of the second amendment, which is factual. The defense of the 2nd won the day.
He also went on to say that those that are totally “tactical operators” and say if you haven’t been to one of their classes shouldn’t be allowed to possess a firearm because your not properly “trained” are also FUDDS in their mind thinking of being single purpose thinking, not being concerned about the rights of others. Just those of their students that they make money from.
If you look back to the first attempt for OC in Ok, the Oklahoma Rifle Association fought it tooth and nail because they said training should be required. The leadership owned a gun training academy. They were the FUDDS that defeated that.
They got a huge backlash from the public that was totally negative and didn’t lobby against the second passage.

FUDDS can be tactical folks and they can be shotgunners.
To not be a FUDD, you have to be concerned about the rights of gun owners in general, not your hunting, not your trap shoots, and not against firearm sports of any kind.
Shall not be infringed is key.
That’s my take on the video.

Latest posts

Top Bottom