Things Aren't As Funny As They Were Decades Ago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sam Kinison, anyone? I want my records back!

I saw Sam live in Tulsa, back around 1990, I think? It was a comedy club at 71st and Lewis, it bacame India Palace later. He showed up about 2 hrs late, was really impaired at first. About 10 minutes into his his set, he as on FIRE. I sure miss his humor.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw Sam live in Tulsa, back around 1990, I think? It was a comedy club at 71st and Lewis, it bacame India Palace later. He showed up about 2 hrs late, was really impaired at first. About 10 minutes into his his set, he as on FIRE. I sure miss his humor.
I've only ever seem him in video, or listened to audio recording of him. Which almost has to mean I've missed most of his best performances... A well, life... and then you slide under a gas truck!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old comedy suffers from "been there, done that" syndrome. I do get a chuckle or two from it still, but so much time has passed and my expectations and lack of surprise makes it less enjoyable than it was. New comedy? Some is funny but it is mostly shock jocks and nothing shocks us any more. 40 to 50 years ago our cable news on any network would be a parody or satire, since it would be so unbelievable. Can't tell any joke that is funny, you will be persecuted for it.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll disagree with the title. Watching the world unfold and watching people I get a good many chuckles. Some do the dumbest things and give no thought to the fact there was a much easier way.
But then they call me a 2 word name 🤣 and then it gets me to really rolling 🤣🤣🤣..

Latest posts

Top Bottom