Things my Mom taught me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's something more like my dad would say. My mom ruled the house with a Iron Fist.... And a belt.

Same here. Not to mention she had a wooden paddle made by my grandfather that was labeled "Adams Family Board of Education". It was used, but sparingly. Did I mention I became a quick learner?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And lets not forget the........JUST WAIT TILL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME! I was like, just kill me now and get it over with.
I was the other direction. When I got home and the first wife told me the kids were terrible and needed discipline, my response was that if they needed discipline, you take care of it. It's not my job to take care of your business.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was the other direction. When I got home and the first wife told me the kids were terrible and needed discipline, my response was that if they needed discipline, you take care of it. It's not my job to take care of your business.
LOL I notice you said "first" wife

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL I notice you said "first" wife
You would be correct. My kids were very young teens after the first. The second and current love of my life didn't have to worry about those issues as they had pretty much grown up with discipline and structure in their lives, and they have continued to instill that same in my oldest sons kids. Youngest still with none.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Get a whipping at school, and you get another one when you get home."

So, one year I got a whipping at school and went home. Mom wasn't there so I hid all the fly swatters. (You know, the old style with the wire handles.) A week or so later, Mom says, "You know, I can't find a fly swatter anywhere." I told her I'd look, so I went and found them all.

Got away with it. I was probably in my 40's when I finally told her "the rest of the story."

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad was military, so I can totally relate. That's generally all it took to get compliance.
My dad was military too, but he still stepped lightly around the house. At my house there was no, "Punishment fits the crime" deal. I got the belt for everything. Never had a sore ass because my mom had bad aim. The backs of my thighs on the other hand were routinely welted from quality cow hide LOL

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Get a whipping at school, and you get another one when you get home."

So, one year I got a whipping at school and went home. Mom wasn't there so I hid all the fly swatters. (You know, the old style with the wire handles.) A week or so later, Mom says, "You know, I can't find a fly swatter anywhere." I told her I'd look, so I went and found them all.

Got away with it. I was probably in my 40's when I finally told her "the rest of the story."

I wasn't so lucky. I decided to throw a rock up (I was 6, did I need a real reason?) and it came down and hit another kid in the head. Got three swats at school. Then they called my mom to tell her what I did and what they did. We lived 5 houses away from the school and my mom knew exactly how long it took for me to walk home from the end of school bell. Needless to say I got busted for not only throwing the rock, not only for getting swats, but also for dragging my feet on my way home because I knew what was coming. Yeah... the next day in school was horrible. Sore ass plus hard plastic seats equals uncomfortable all day....

Latest posts

Top Bottom