Things to see & do in Texas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas is a big state with much to do and see, but I'd like to hear some OSA recommendations for things to do and see during upcoming trip to the Lone Star state.

Let me narrow it down a little. Heading down hwy 75 to Cypress, TX to visit my brother where we will stay about 2 days. The wife and I would like to take a short vacation to see sights we, or at least me, haven't seen before. I've been to Cypress/Houston 3 times in the last year so I'm looking for things not in Houston. We've discussed heading toward San Antonio when we leave Cypress.
Let me hear your recommendations for the trip to or trip home. Thanks

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Austin, despite its liberal government and populace, is actually a beautiful town (at least for the time being). There is also the Dr. Pepper museum in Waco.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have one day in Austin, what would you see?

LBJ Presidential library, Austin Aquarium, Fry's Electronics (if you like electronics, think of what Circuit City was like, but more on the scale of Sams in size with much better prices). Close to the University of suck, aka University of Texas, they have a lot of nice eatery places plus lots of arts stuff. We've also been to the Austin English Tea Company, they have really good pastries and tea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom