Things you see in appliance repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's not talk about pork and beans that have never been opened set to warm in a campfire........
Ha! Back when I worked for an oil field service company, one hot-oil truck driver would heat various canned goods by wrapping some baling wire around the unopened can, and lowering it into the burner flu for a bit.

One day he came in with chunks of brown stuff all over the truck. Turns out he'd had a can of chili heating in the flu and forgot about it. :D

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I didnt toss the lighter in, it ended up there mysteriously and scared the bejeezus out of all 3 of us standing around the fire.
Something kind of like this need to me a few years ago while at deer camp. We had been throwing any of our trash that would burn into the fire to minimize what we had to pack out. Somehow an "empty" propane bottle made it into the fire unbeknownst to anyone. We definitely knew it when that pressure valve released and after about 15 minutes or so of a jet engine roaring in the fire, we realized that bottle wasn't nearly as empty as we thought.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's not talk about pork and beans that have never been opened set to warm in a campfire........

I’ve never seen it in a campfire before, but I was there the night we responded to an explosion in a house. An elderly man put an unopened can of beans in a microwave, hit the start button and walked back into the living room.

When we got there, the old man answered the door still shaking and pointed toward the kitchen. We found the microwave sitting on the counter. It looked like a round metal ball with no door. There were beans sliding down the walls and the force of the explosion took the door leading into the garage off the hinges. He was lucky that he had walked into the other room before it blew.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Something kind of like this need to me a few years ago while at deer camp. We had been throwing any of our trash that would burn into the fire to minimize what we had to pack out. Somehow an "empty" propane bottle made it into the fire unbeknownst to anyone. We definitely knew it when that pressure valve released and after about 15 minutes or so of a jet engine roaring in the fire, we realized that bottle wasn't nearly as empty as we thought.

Used to go rafting every year with a group of fraternity brothers. One year me and a couple other guys were late getting out of camp. We volunteered to stay and burn all the trash from 16 guys and three days. Someone had put their empty propane bottles in a garbage sack. We spent an extra hour gathering all the tiny bits of trash up after the explosion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom