Things you see in appliance repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many here are old enough to remember using gum wrappers around glass fuse in your old car/pickup.
Those old chevys (we're talking late forties and early fifties) would start right up with a chewing gum wrapper shoved behind the dash in the ignition. Course, no one locked their cars those days...

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's not talk about pork and beans that have never been opened set to warm in a campfire........
Mine was a can of soup set atop the fire barrel of a woodburning shower on a camping trip.

I'm proud to note that I didn't have to clean the shower afterward. I did, however, have a can of cold soup for lunch.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was a can of soup set atop the fire barrel of a woodburning shower on a camping trip.

I'm proud to note that I didn't have to clean the shower afterward. I did, however, have a can of cold soup for lunch.
LOL, my example that I didn't explain fully before was a boy scout camp out. One of the other camper groups put a gallon can of pork and beans on the fire. I'm telling you a gallon of beans can make a big boom and the tents were fully coated with the carnage.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many here are old enough to remember using gum wrappers around glass fuse in your old car/pickup.

I've had to do that a couple times. Even kinda impressed a girl once when I showed her why I need a gum wrapper.
I've also used a paper clip in the same manner.

& it was always the "instrument cluster" lights fuse that i had to do this with.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chuting silly string and shave cream!!
@thaHooligan, likes chuting stuff and making video's! Just do not know if he takes requests LOL Heck I watched him launch a bowling ball at his poor mistreated pickem up:cool:

I've shot cans of shaving cream before, but haven't tried silly string. Also after Christmas I usually buy a couple boxes of the snow in a can stuff for about 25 cents each at walmart. they explode pretty good. one idea I've been thinking about is putting 5 or 6 cans of shaving cream in my bowling ball launcher with a pound of tannerite under them and see what happens! lol

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot cans of shaving cream before, but haven't tried silly string. Also after Christmas I usually buy a couple boxes of the snow in a can stuff for about 25 cents each at walmart. they explode pretty good. one idea I've been thinking about is putting 5 or 6 cans of shaving cream in my bowling ball launcher with a pound of tannerite under them and see what happens! lol
I await this video!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need some assistance on that, don't you? [emoji38][emoji38]

Latest posts

Top Bottom