Think it's eazy to get a firearm from the Tulsa Police Property Room (Think Again.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa Police Property Room getting my handgun back.

Talk about how much fun getting a handgun back in Tulsa, Oklahoma. After my trial and being found not guilty, wanted my Glock23 Magazine and 14 rounds of Ammo. returned.
First I had to fill out this paperwork with the item and S/N also the number and type of Ammo. also what my reason I wanted it returned. Lady said we will call you. Three weeks later no phone call, I called her and was told yes I could come get it. Wrong what she handed me was a sheet with the District Attorneys signature saying his office no longer need it. (It got shown to the jury at my trial prosecutor Jason Perez told them it had been fully loaded with a round in chamber it was a deadly weapon I had.) I was told to take this paper work to the Tulsa Police Dept.s Property room 12 miles from my home. I took it here and the man speaking from behind bullet proof glass he said he would give me a card with a Tulsa Police homicide detective phone number who had to sign off on the handgun not involved in any other crime. Called the number got voice mail telling me this officer was not in at the time and to leave a message with my name and phone number. I did this and waited and waited never heard from this officer. So down to Tulsa Police Dept. homicide office all the way down town from my home around 18 miles. Lady told me the officer I wanted to see was out on sick leave and would not soon be back. I asked to speak to the supervisor of this officer. Was told I could not speak to him. Went home called the Tulsa Chiefs office talked to his right hand lady Linda she said she would call the supervisor and she did. Still I heard nothing so I asked Linda to give me his phone number she did and I called his phone, got voice mail left a message my name and phone number. Never got a call from him, called Linda again she would again call him. Two days later he called left a message on my recorder saying he was sorry to be so slow in getting my handgun released.
A full week later he again left a message saying my handgun could be picked up. Next day was a f Friday I called the property room and was told Friday was closed to the general public but the paper work had not yet arrived . Called Monday Tuesday Wednesday and on Thursday at 5pm was told the paper work was there but it was to late this day to pick it up and Friday they were closed to the general public, so come in Monday. Went in on Monday gave my name and Property number from my case to him through a pass through window. He went off brought back my handgun but no Magazine or Ammo. Asked where the Magazine was and he said there was no Magazine on paper work he had, I said they called it a CLIP but it's really a Magazine each item is in it's own plastic bag with my case number on it. Off he went and soon returned with my Magazine but no Ammo. I asked where my Ammo. was he informed me one can't obtain a firearm and Ammo. on the same day. A Tulsa Police Dept. Important Policy. He asked if they could destroy my Ammo. I said no I would return the next day and so I did getting all 14 rounds of my .40 Ammo. back. Now keep in mind this was a 24 mile round trip I had to keep making. Do you think the Tulsa Police Dept. makes getting any firearm back easy?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been through it once but it only took me a few trips.
I don't really get the part about filling out the background check.
you're either legal to get the gun back or not, so if they are releasing it to you then there shouldn't be a need to fill out the form 4473.
but anyway, by making it difficult, I think they want you to give up and let them have it.
For me, Getting the gun back wasn't my goal, not giving it up to them was the goal.
I'm glad you were persistent and got All of it back

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you're either legal to get the gun back or not, so if they are releasing it to you then there shouldn't be a need to fill out the form 4473.
but anyway, by making it difficult, I think they want you to give up and let them have it.
For me, Getting the gun back wasn't my goal, not giving it up to them was the goal.
The 4473 is just about making sure you haven’t become a prohibited person since they took it. If you were, they gave it to you and you killed someone with it, that would be a huge lawsuit against them.

All the rest of is is designed to make people give up and abandon the property.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting my Glock and my Ammo. was the last of a long eight Months of fighing our past Tulsa County Distrct Attorney "Tim Harris" he wanted me to take a Plea plead guilty to reskless handling a firearm., and pay a fine and crawl out of the Court House they would reduce the Felony to a Misdemeanor when for seven Months i said NO!! then knowing we were dead set on a full jury trial they did reduce it to a Misdemeanor and said this is your last chance take the Plea or if you go to trial and lose it's stright to jail no bond allowed till they find room in an Oklahoma Prison for you and we are asking for from 18 to 24 Months.
So what will it be? My reply see you at my Trial. The rest is history took jury 30 minutes for my jury to find me not guilty.

Jury even asked Julsa County Judge Smith to allow them to shake my hand, they understood i was being railroaded.
I am not advising others to take my same path as you never know what a jury will decide.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Getting my Glock and my Ammo. was the last of a long eight Months of fighing our past Tulsa County Distrct Attorney "Tim Harris" he wanted me to take a Plea plead guilty to reskless handling a firearm., and pay a fine and crawl out of the Court House they would reduce the Felony to a Misdemeanor when for seven Months i said NO!! then knowing we were dead set on a full jury trial they did reduce it to a Misdemeanor and said this is your last chance take the Plea or if you go to trial and lose it's stright to jail no bond allowed till they find room in an Oklahoma Prison for you and we are asking for from 18 to 24 Months.
So what will it be? My reply see you at my Trial. The rest is history took jury 30 minutes for my jury to find me not guilty.

Jury even asked Julsa County Judge Smith to allow them to shake my hand, they understood i was being railroaded.
I am not advising others to take my same path as you never know what a jury will decide.
I'm glad to hear of someone brave enough to take on the crooked city politicians, and agencies and win.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear of someone brave enough to take on the crooked city politicians, and agencies and win.
Let me give some advice first i am not an Attorney had no understanding of Oklahomas Title 21 Statutes, had no idea what a statutes was.
If you as i did get involved in being acused of pointing a firearm at a person, and a cop thinks it's a probable cause your arearrested booked into jail, then the DA recomends what you will be charged with.

Now you need an Attorney think all Attorneys understand Oklahomas Title 21 Statutes regarding the use of fdeadly orce? Attorneys make money taking cases no matter if they understand what you are facing, win or lose they get paid and mine asked for $1000 up front just to get started.

Also Attorneys have many other cases your case is just one of many, don't think he or she is going to do all the needed ground work, you must start lookin into how the Oklahoma justice or non justice system works.

You really need to understand the small steps that the system is gong to take you, do you know what a "Discovery is"? well it's really important so google it.

Understand it's up to you to start understanding just how is going to go for you, never get the idea your Attorney is going to do everything for you as you go through the many court hearings, ask a lot of questions.

Also during your trial you can't even speak unless asked a question, your Attorney has to do all the talking for you make sure he or she understands what you want asked.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom