Thinking about a 1911 9mm for my next pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been thinking about what my next pistol purchase will be. I have owned revolvers and striker/hammer fired pistols, but never a 1911. I don't want to stray from my 9mm/38 Special ammo range so this will be a 9mm 1911.

I am not looking to spend Wilson Combat money (although one of the fellows I shoot with has one and it is beautifully made and so nice to shoot) so I am trying for that often-read balance of matching value and quality with affordability.

This would probably not be a body carry gun, but one to shoot at the range and use for house or vehicle carry.

I would appreciate thoughts you might have for me on personal experience you have had with this unicornish 1911 price/quality search.

Thanks!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm by no means a 1911 expert, but my Colt Defender (in 45acp) has been absolutely reliable! While more expensive than 'generic brands', they're quite a bit more affordable than the 'boutique brands'. It's one that I never plan on selling.

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/colt-defender-9mm-3-blk-nns

Best of luck in your search!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No worries skipping the Wilson Combat... Was a dream bbq gun of mine til I bought it. Tactical Elite II. Sure was pretty, but was pretty picky on ammo. Even sent it back twice in the two years I owned it, never ran right. Traded it back to my gunsmith. Ended up with a Ruger SR1911 in 9mm, been a fantastic sidearm. Eats everything I toss in the mag, hits where I aim, and drives my 45ACP fanboy friends crazy I've "desecrated" the platform 10/10.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a Springfield Ronin Commander in 9mm. I have shot approximately 400 flawless rounds. Thumb safety is a bit wide for me and I don't care for checkered main spring housing but it shoots great.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KurtM still has one for sale on here. The range officer line from Springfield is one of the best factory guns you can get in my opinion

Latest posts

Top Bottom