Thinking about a .22 can

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, my next suppressor is either going to be a .22 or 9mm can, and the .22 is starting to lead the way.

What are my options for ultra-rugged .22 cans (meaning - made so I can disassemble them for cleaning, and made to last for thousands and thousands of rounds)? I like the AAC Element, and the SWR Spectre but mostly because they're both made from stainless (I presume that makes them heavier as well though).

I'm a huge fan of AAC based mostly on their blog and just reading about the comparison of manufacturing processes of various makers. I don't know much about the .22 world of suppression though - I'd like to know more, but really want a high-end suppressor (its going to get a loooooot of use with my kids).

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd get the Spectre or Element. As previously stated I don't like the way the Element looks on certain firearms and it is only a couple dB quieter than the Spectre. A couple dB means you won't be able to hear the difference. I have an AAC can and an SWR can. I love them both and am a big fan of both companies. If I were buying a 22 can it would be the Spectre. If it were going to go on a P22 most of the time, I'd probably get the Element because of size and weight. But for a 10/22 or Buckmark or MK II/III I'd rather have a Spectre. Spectre will save you $100 too.

For reference:

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_762a9fa9.jpg

okent

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both the Element and Spectre.
To me they are both very good and you can't go wrong with either.

The things I like about the Spectre are the longer knurled endcap which means when you take the suppressor on and off you won't accidentally unscrew the endcap, very handy believe it or not, plus it is 5.7 rated which I shoot.
It is also easier to assemble to me compared to the Element.
It is heavier.

The Element is super light weight and extremely compact.
It has recessed endcaps which for me is a negative.
It costs more.

Both are very quiet so it comes down to what you think you need.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom