Thinking about a reflex sight...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda kicking around the idea of a red dot/reflex sight for my Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport.

On a cop's salary, I can't afford much, but I don't want a piece of junk either.

My budget is less than a C-note, but I'd rather keep it around 50 bucks, so I can afford a rear BUIS too.

So...who knows of a "good" one. :ugh2:

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple rifles with Vortex Sparc red dots and like them. Sometimes you can find them used for about 125.

Also have the Bushnell T Dot sights that resemble an ACOG that i like alot. i have also picked those up used for around 100.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may be able to find a used burris around a hundred bucks? As far as brand new though, I'd tend to lean in the direction of a reputable Chinese optic that will give you some form of warranty, meaning not the knock-off RMRs. I know a guy that has one on an AR and he loves it, but a pistol slide is a different monster.

I think my personal opinion (read as $0.02) would be to take that hundred bucks, add it to 50 a month for the next 2 months and grab a new vortex or burris. I know waiting sux, but not nearly as much as wondering whether or not you can trust a cheap piece of glass that you've already had to replace under warranty, and for some reason won't maintain a zero.
Good luck Glock 'em, and thanks for doing what you do brutha!

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, I missread as an M&P PISTOL! Speaking of which, they need to rename their product lines! Lol.

THIS...
http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-micro-dot-with-removable-base-eta-early-july-2016-md-rbgii
ALL DAY LONG!

I love PA for budget optics, they are good quality glass, GREAT customer service and overall great value! I've been recommending these guys for years and have yet to hear of bad experience. I can personally attest to the quality of everything from their micro (5 star avg rating of 200 people) to their mil-mil scope that i've put though a couple thousand rounds of 308 over 3 years. Box tested it about 200rds ago and it still holds true!

P.S. a lot of people like sight-mark but after 3 of their products failing to hold zero, getting humidity inside them, and having to keep hitting it to get the dot back, I can't recommend them.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED For that price point you are stuck with crappy stuff that's even questionable for airsoft purposes. I'd stick with irons until you save more. For $200 you can get something that's usable and fairly trustworthy.

The only thing even close to you price point that I would consider is the Bushnell Trophy line and I wouldn't even think of it for duty use at all. :nolike:

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you going to use it on your duty gun? Whats your location?
I have a Sparc II on my little girls M&P 15-22 sport you could look at. Even though its not a 223 its the same platform you could shoot it and see if its something you would even want.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED For that price point you are stuck with crappy stuff that's even questionable for airsoft purposes. I'd stick with irons until you save more. For $200 you can get something that's usable and fairly trustworthy.

The only thing even close to you price point that I would consider is the Bushnell Trophy line and I wouldn't even think of it for duty use at all. :nolike:

Yeah, I was afraid of that.

I think I'll just stick with irons for now.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom