Thinking about Buying A Used Harley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gold wing had 70,000 miles on it when sold.
I loved the bike riding, but after having to lay it down two times in one year, It not optional that i'll get off the street.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been around bikes my whole life, work with bikers, live with bikers..and I’m not talking about these new school fair weather riders or wanna be knuckle heads with fake bad attitudes. My honest opinion is to avoid any newer Harley Davidsons man. You’ll see a lot of bikes up for sale around 30k miles for good reason. If you just want a toy to turn wrenches and heads on then get an old shovel, knuckle, pan etc. If you want to ride and ride all day go look at Honda’s, Yamaha’s, Suzuki’s or even an Indian.

Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Im looking for something in the middle. Last thing I want is something to wrench on...seems like half of my free time is spent fixing the junk I already have. Im going to get a Harley, ive owned other brands of bikes but never a Harley. Plus it would be a good way for me to pay homage to some close friends and family that are real deal bikers like you mentioned.

and unfortunately I have a fake good attitude. But no I am not the guy who gets a new Harley and then new leathers and then a skull face bandana and suddenly transforms into billy bad a$$.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, these 08xish glides you’re seeing would have run you 6500-7000 5 or 6 months ago. So you are paying a season premium. With Harley tourers you REALLY want an 09 or newer, if you can at all afford a bump in your budget. They re-designed the frame starting that year and the difference is very noticeable.
IF you want to up your budget a smidge I might know of a nice option for ya..

Ive been looking off and on for the past year and prices havnt changed as much as you would expect...the market is so flooded with Harleys they are just cheap right now and seem to stay that way. what option do you speak of?

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off, these 08xish glides you’re seeing would have run you 6500-7000 5 or 6 months ago. So you are paying a season premium. With Harley tourers you REALLY want an 09 or newer, if you can at all afford a bump in your budget. They re-designed the frame starting that year and the difference is very noticeable.
IF you want to up your budget a smidge I might know of a nice option for ya..
I may have to call dibs on it.......!

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I saw one of those "instant bikers" the other day in 5 o'clock traffic in Lawton. He was on his HondaDavidson with the leather vest and the chained up wallet(of course the white tennies and the backwards white brim hat over super black died hair kinda gave him away). Looked like he was on his second successful ride and he was gonna lay her down any second so I backed my 3/4 ton diesel Dodge off as I didn't want to be the guy that ran him over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom