Thinking about geting an AK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cannot go wrong with the WASR-10. There is a gun range in vegas that converts them to FA and rents them on their range. According to the guy at battlefield vegas they run and run.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up my WASR-10 yesterday. All of the rivets look good and the front post doesn't appear to be canted. The numbers on all of the components match. This is how it arrived:
WASR10a1SM.jpg

It now has a red dot riding on an Ultimak M1B optic mount. The replacement folding stock (Magpul zhukov-s) should arrive tomorrow. Sadly, it may be a week before I get to shoot it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@mouthpiece Why would you run a machine 1500 rounds with out cleaning? The rifles are running metal on metal and running them dirty seems like it would lead to premature wear, to my thinking. Even in a combat situation, that seems extreme, but I served in peace time so I am no expert on that. Is it just something you check off a questions list or what is your thinking on that?
Why would you want to stop and clean? Just add more oil. its an average day at the range. we just keep going til the kids hands are sore from loading the mags.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you want to stop and clean? Just add more oil. its an average day at the range. we just keep going til the kids hands are sore from loading the mags.
If you are running 1500 rounds in one range day I wanna come play with your gang!!:cool:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
000E9962-C169-4C26-9458-4AD1CE6723A9.png E290C7D8-90BF-40B3-A075-C3C9479D3A83.jpeg ED1E8180-C52E-4E2B-B3F3-A09AFE92BDDA.jpeg
And if I could find a 1 piece wood stock and rear peep sight for it, I would keep the Saiga. Seriously for self defense / combat use an AK is more than accurate enough and much more reliable under combat conditions than an AR. That is part of the reason many special forces prefer the AK over the AR, at least according to the few I have talked to.

Personally I developed my hatred of the AR platform in the 70s while in the service. Never had to use one in combat thank God because the rifles we were issued were Jam-O-matics.

Is this what you are looking for RickN?

Latest posts

Top Bottom