Thinking about going over to the dark side...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lmao, you don't know much about the physics of operation of a 1911 do ya

Not at all. I only carried one for years and years and years. I also "don't know" about shooter error either. They didn't teach us Marine Infantry Officer types much about weapons. I bet guys like you, since you've been a real operator in this theater now for quite some time, knows it all. We hardly ever got to handle anything that went bang. But hey, by all means tell me all about it; go ahead and educate me; I like listening to you talk; it brings a grin to my face. In fact, I bet everybody loves it when a real high-speed, low-drag expert like yourself tells the rest of us noobs how things work. I mean, you must be an expert, you sure talk and act like you know what you're talking about.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Let me clarify a few things that some of you are getting confused about.

1. This will NOT be a duty/carry pistol. I want it just to have one.
2. I have other pistols chambered in 9mm, .40S&W, .380ACP, .38 Special, .25ACP and .357 Magnum. I don't have a .45 and yeah, I just think that JMB designed that pistol around the .45ACP and it should stay in .45ACP.
3. I've heard too many stories of problems with the super small 3 inchers. And I don't care for the looks of the 5 inch pistol. To me the Commander size is just right. :thumb:

Well ya know what then? You oughta just getcha a nice 1911 Commander in .45ACP and be happy about it. I go back to the Ruger SR1911; a series 70 style gun that is in my opinion, a "best buy" in this style. Under $700, well made, good lookin', a modern classic 1911 Commander that will bring you much joy and years of shooting. The all-steel one in particular is a joy to handle and shoot. Oh, crap, never mind about that, after all, I don't know much about the physics of operation of a 1911, according to the duty expert, chenry. Maybe you could get him to tell you what to do, he's the one here with all the answers. Just ask him; he'll tell you.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at all. I only carried one for years and years and years. I also "don't know" about shooter error either. They didn't teach us Marine Infantry Officer types much about weapons. I bet guys like you, since you've been a real operator in this theater now for quite some time, knows it all. We hardly ever got to handle anything that went bang. But hey, by all means tell me all about it; go ahead and educate me; I like listening to you talk; it brings a grin to my face. In fact, I bet everybody loves it when a real high-speed, low-drag expert like yourself tells the rest of us noobs how things work. I mean, you must be an expert, you sure talk and act like you know what you're talking about.
Was all that really necessary?
Never mind, no reply needed.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Infantry Officers carried 1911s????? I dont believe it!!!!!! :D

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quit spreading your lies and propaganda. Not only are 1911s problematic in and of themselves, everyone here knows Taurus has never made a gun that will function as anything other than a paperweight. Just ask.

/sarcasm
I stand in shame. At least I hope that's what it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom