Thinking about going over to the dark side...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll are running out of stuff to talk about, so I'll throw this out there. I'm not a 1911 guy, but I did own one some years ago. It was a Taurus PT-1911 with some pretty nice features. It shot seriously good and was malfunction free. I have read some down-side reports which seemed to be centered around the mags.

Quit spreading your lies and propaganda. Not only are 1911s problematic in and of themselves, everyone here knows Taurus has never made a gun that will function as anything other than a paperweight. Just ask.

/sarcasm

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3" 1911s can work very well with good mags and I've carried them, but the window of reliability is significantly smaller than a commander or full size 1911. Not something I'd recommend for your only 1911 but that's just me.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen it first hand with a compact I bought for my ex wife. She just didnt have the wrist for it and it would stovepipe about every 3rd rnd, but it never malfunctioned for me.

That sounds more like a problem with the shooter than the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I got off track because I went and read personofinterest's ad that was mentioned above also I know I'm supposed to have problems with the 3 inch 1911s because the internet told me so but as of now no problems.

Well you better pay attention then cause you know if you read it on the internet it’s true.

Actually, I did get to shoot that little pistol of yours at the last ENS I think and it was very nice. Of course, that was just luck cause we know the thing was supposed to jam up and just quit runnin’ on us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I turned down a Para Ordnance 3 inch LDA because it was a bushingless bull barrel.

I recon I'm old fashioned, because I think a 1911 should only be chambered in .45ACP and have a bushing and short GI style guide rod.

Why only .45ACP? Oh I get the part about the bushing and shirt GI style guide rod; but not so much the idea it HAS to be in .45ACP...9mm is a lot cheaper, if it's going to be a range gun especially, and the .38 Super is a heckuva good defensive round. One of the most fun guns around, and cheap, is a GSG 1911-22. yep, a 1911 (kinda like) chambered in the lowly .22LR.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Let me clarify a few things that some of you are getting confused about.

1. This will NOT be a duty/carry pistol. I want it just to have one.
2. I have other pistols chambered in 9mm, .40S&W, .380ACP, .38 Special, .25ACP and .357 Magnum. I don't have a .45 and yeah, I just think that JMB designed that pistol around the .45ACP and it should stay in .45ACP.
3. I've heard too many stories of problems with the super small 3 inchers. And I don't care for the looks of the 5 inch pistol. To me the Commander size is just right. :thumb:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've got several 1911 pistols, but commander length is as short as i want. have every caliber available, 9mm (and i don't even like 9mm), 38 super, 40 s&w, 45acp,,,none of the exotics cause of ammo cost and the flash in the pan effect...but i need a 10mm and will solve that issue monday when i order a 7" long slide from Fusion. i'm drooling already,,,but do that alot anyway

Latest posts

Top Bottom