Thinking about moving again .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my old bosses really liked Costa Rica. After repeated trips he built his own hotel and bar down there. Don't know where it was exactly but knowing how he liked to party he probably had a lot of "amenities".

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe a silly question, but how do you protect yourself in the countries that are south of the US if they have gun restrictions? I've thought about Alaska and you could ship your guns there via an FFL. Personally, I'd send everything but the receivers with serial number ahead and have the receivers sent by an FFL.

When going to Alaska I send my firearms as airfreight on Alaska Airlines. I stop at their airfreight office at SeaTac and ship them to Anchorage or Fairbanks. No FFL needed.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My folks have been to all the countries down that way and Costa Rica is their favorite.

Good luck!
Lots of people I know on the west coast vacation and/or have residences in Costa Rica. Seems like a great option if you want to be in the Central America region. I also have a lot of friends that go to Nicaragua several times a year on surf trips and they always speak very highly of the areas they go to. That being said, I would never live in those places. Just not my cup o tea. If i need the tropics I ahve a place on Kauai.

I am curious why Saddlebum up and left the US. Always facinating to hear the stories and though process behind such a huge move/decision.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of people I know on the west coast vacation and/or have residences in Costa Rica. Seems like a great option if you want to be in the Central America region. I also have a lot of friends that go to Nicaragua several times a year on surf trips and they always speak very highly of the areas they go to. That being said, I would never live in those places. Just not my cup o tea. If i need the tropics I ahve a place on Kauai.

I am curious why Saddlebum up and left the US. Always facinating to hear the stories and though process behind such a huge move/decision.
I have been married 4 times , between divorces, lawyers , sending step kids to rehab etc I'm pretty well broke. It's either stay in the US and work until I die or move some where I can live on ss only. I have 1 year left on my teaching contract so when school starts I will be back in Tulsa. Then next june I will move permanently. Takes awhile to get things set up anyway......you can't just show up and say I live here now

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe a silly question, but how do you protect yourself in the countries that are south of the US if they have gun restrictions? I've thought about Alaska and you could ship your guns there via an FFL. Personally, I'd send everything but the receivers with serial number ahead and have the receivers sent by an FFL.
I think the point here is cost and Alaska is very high to live in.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When going to Alaska I send my firearms as airfreight on Alaska Airlines. I stop at their airfreight office at SeaTac and ship them to Anchorage or Fairbanks. No FFL needed.
Another way is to take the Alaska Stae Ferry. It loads in Bellingham Washington, and you can take firearms on board as long as they are not loaded and they stay in the vehicle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom