Thinking about moving again .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been married 4 times , between divorces, lawyers , sending step kids to rehab etc I'm pretty well broke. It's either stay in the US and work until I die or move some where I can live on ss only. I have 1 year left on my teaching contract so when school starts I will be back in Tulsa. Then next june I will move permanently. Takes awhile to get things set up anyway......you can't just show up and say I live here now
Ever thought of just camping or living in a fifth wheel? You can get a couple acres for pretty dang cheap depending on where you are going.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another way is to take the Alaska Stae Ferry. It loads in Bellingham Washington, and you can take firearms on board as long as they are not loaded and they stay in the vehicle.

Absolutely! Just gotta remember if you‘re going to any place on the road system (Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, etc) your ferry destination needs to be Whittier.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took over his place when he passed ( that's how I got here) .with this becoming a more touristy area prices are rising and the locals seem to be getting their fill of gringos.

Are there quite a few gringos there? I watched a video of a guy talking about living in that area and he showed a house that was $150k. Which is cheaper than the house would be here of course, but it didn't seem crazy cheap either. He acted like you could live there on $24k VERY comfy, you agree or disagree?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife has a friend that lives in a condo in Puerto Vallarta in the winter. In the summer they live on their sailboat at Texoma. They have done this for a few years. She and boyfriend sold their homes about 4 years ago. They love it, don't think I could do that.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know someone that one of their daughters was going to move to Portland this year. She had a job lined up and everything and then she decided to move to L.A. instead. I don't know if that's much better.

I also know a guy that has lived here all of his life that is moving his family from here to California. When I asked him why, his response was " because it's not here".

Latest posts

Top Bottom