Thinking about moving again .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know someone that one of their daughters was going to move to Portland this year. She had a job lined up and everything and then she decided to move to L.A. instead. I don't know if that's much better.

I also know a guy that has lived here all of his life that is moving his family from here to California. When I asked him why, his response was " because it's not here".
Although the Oklahoma weather (and constant TV drama associated with) are kind of grating after a while, there are a lot of places worse than here.
And I don't want to live anywhere that reminds me of the Jerry Reed song Lord Mr. Ford, What Have You Done

"it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jams that make me the bitter fool I am... I once spent three days lost on a cloverleaf...."

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are there quite a few gringos there? I watched a video of a guy talking about living in that area and he showed a house that was $150k. Which is cheaper than the house would be here of course, but it didn't seem crazy cheap either. He acted like you could live there on $24k VERY comfy, you agree or disagree?
I have a nice 1 bed apt/condo $350 a month, food ,utilities pretty much every thing else related to living in Ajijic about another $500 except health insurance . right now i still insurance through my employer and my vehicle expenses . if I stay here I will enroll in IMSS and sell my vehicle ( don't need it here) once all that is done it will cost me about $1200 a month to live here depending on how much I eat out etc

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thought of a nice Caribbean costal home is appealing however, I could not live somewhere that made it illegal for me to own, possess and carry a firearm. I have seen the evil man can inflict on another and have no desire to ever be a victim without options.

We may be in that boat here in a few years...

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Stupid laws? Expensive cars? Crazy monkeys? Lady boys?

lady boys. and now I’m curious about your recent thread about shipping containers now.

1FEE180E-7C24-49F5-9ECA-CB5B033815F3.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
lady boys. and now I’m curious about your recent thread about shipping containers now.

View attachment 213612
Haha I missed out on all the fun, got shipped to Afghan rather than a Pacific Booze Cruise piloted by the navy. It’s all second hand knowledge. But I did have a friend who lived in both places. Her and her boyfriend could live in a decent place, travel everywhere, and eat whatever they wanted for less than $600 a month. If I remember parts of Thailand cost less than 450/month.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I don't want to live anywhere that reminds me of the Jerry Reed song Lord Mr. Ford, What Have You Done

"it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jams that make me the bitter fool I am... I once spent three days lost on a cloverleaf...."
Hmmm... this is the way I remember it:

"And if I ain't out of gas in the pouring rain
I'm a-changin' a flat in a hurricane
I once spent three days lost on a cloverleaf"

https://genius.com/Jerry-reed-lord-mr-ford-lyrics
:drunk2:

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friend at work is looking hard at panama, specifically the islands off the coast once he hits retirement time and he his pension to take care of him. You can buy your own, or part of one, pretty cheap, and live for cheaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom