Thinking about taking the plunge ...again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been divorced for almost 5 years and I said 4 years ago that I would never do it again.
However, momma always said "never say never" and she was right because now I am contemplating marriage again.
We graduated HS together 32 years ago and while I didnt "know" her then, I knew who she was. So 1.5 years ago we reconnected on FB when she said posted something to the effect of being single again after 22 years. Her EX was cheating on her for a good many years before she learned of it and shes been through a rough recovery.
We met back then to talk and I have just been her friend and support when she needed it.
Well, things have happened for the best and we have discussed getting married. Shes not ready and I wont push her but I'm crazy about her...or am I just "crazy" for thinking about getting married a 2nd time?

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are. You need to relax, date for longer. If you care about her you’ll stay focused on improving yourself and let some time pass and wait for her to be ready. It’s too soon after a marriage that long and cheating etc. Sounds like you’re too wrapped up in it. This is when we make mistakes. My opinion at least and I know almost nothing about the situation. Ha

Also, it seems like the guys that are the “friend and support” end up getting the shaft.

Here’s a song for you.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are. You need to relax, date for longer. If you care about her you’ll stay focused on improving yourself and let some time pass and wait for her to be ready. It’s too soon after a marriage that long and cheating etc. Sounds like you’re too wrapped up in it. This is when we make mistakes. My opinion at least and I know almost nothing about the situation. Ha
Oh I'm in no hurry and she does need more time to heal for sure. I get that. Her divorce is only 1.5 years in IIRC and she may need another year or more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom