Thinking about taking the plunge ...again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does she have any assets-like a retirement income or a job that pays well? You probably have both or at least a retirement check coming in and she should bring something into a marriage besides herself. Once you get married, she'll have access to your checkbook.
Think about health insurance, her bills that she'll be bringing into your home.
Will you still be able to buy what you want when yo want? Or have the guys over for the game on TV Every Sat night?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
41-1/2 years into this marriage and if something happened to make me single again, I don't see having either the time or the energy to break in another one. It's more likely the shoe will be on the other foot and she'll be the one who is single.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does she have any assets-like a retirement income or a job that pays well? You probably have both or at least a retirement check coming in and she should bring something into a marriage besides herself. Once you get married, she'll have access to your checkbook.
Think about health insurance, her bills that she'll be bringing into your home.
Will you still be able to buy what you want when yo want? Or have the guys over for the game on TV Every Sat night?
Shes got a decent job and is finishing her degree now also. We both agree on finances which is a huge plus. Shes not controlling and in fact she made it clear we both need our friends and alone time once in a while. I'm not retired yet but I have a pension due to me in a little over a year plus my own investment plans. She has no debt other than the house she bought last year and that can be sold. I have no debt, I paid cash for a new house less than a year ago. So finances will be fine. Yes we would only have one bank account and she agrees. Seperate accounts are what roommates do, not married Christians.
So I've covered all those bases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom