Thinking of doing a SBR and can......not sure?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done the paperwork before on suppressors and a Class III Uzi but that was way before the E-File, or knowing that a trust works. For the trust route, can I do that for a suppressor and a SBR? How do I go about that route?

What I am thinking is a 10.5" LMT/Colt A3 upper with a A2 front sight post, and a suppressor of some kind.

Thanks for any help.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done the paperwork before on suppressors and a Class III Uzi but that was way before the E-File, or knowing that a trust works. For the trust route, can I do that for a suppressor and a SBR? How do I go about that route?

What I am thinking is a 10.5" LMT/Colt A3 upper with a A2 front sight post, and a suppressor of some kind.

Thanks for any help.

Yes. I would contact Matthew Winton at 478 4818 and have him set a trust up for you. It will run you about $200, but will save you the possible headache of practicing law by trying to do your own.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For E file, I believe you have to have a trust or FFL. It doesn't have to be anything fancy but a better written trust can afford you more liberties with your NFA items. Also, only a couple of companies warranty their cans for SBRs. I know Surefire makes one specifically designed for that barrel length, maybe others could chime in on the others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I read about the trust route, and correct me if I am wrong--I go trust route I, my wife, and my brother can all be on it and then to my son later on? Reason I ask is the wife and I have some serious medical conditions and if we were to leave this world my brother is the one who will be raising my son.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I read about the trust route, and correct me if I am wrong--I go trust route I, my wife, and my brother can all be on it and then to my son later on? Reason I ask is the wife and I have some serious medical conditions and if we were to leave this world my brother is the one who will be raising my son.

NFA items owned by an individual would transfer tax free on an ATF Form 5 to your lawful heir. The executor of your estate would maintain possesion of the item until the Form 5 is returned. You do not need a trust if that is your only concern.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/1999/09/090599-openletter-nfa-estate-transfers.html

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done the Class III with the LEO route before, so going trust route would be nice but not necessarily the only way. I do want a trust set up so the last will won't be dishonored if something changed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom