Thinking of getting away from holographic optics on my AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I'm home now.

I was talking about the TA33's. Not sure where I got 44's. This is the one I would get...

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=557&back_row=2&categoryID=3

I could've sworn they were 3.5x though. They are the compact size and have a little bit better eye relief too.

Put it on an ADM or LT mount to save some more weight over the factory mount.

Zero the top tip of the chevron at 100 and the inside top tip would be about your 225 zero I believe. I read on M4C someone had figured out all the holds shooting 75 grain Prvi but I can't find the thread now.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a lot of duckets, but it does look very cool. I have to admit that I don't know much at all about Trijicon scopes. What happens when the Tritium wears out? Does the reticule still show up from the fiber-optics, is it black, or at least colored but non-glowing? Is there any significance to the naming convention or model numbers?

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the tritium is warrantied (sp?) for 10 years. They can replace it if they have too. If it wears out you would still have the fiber optic to power it. I've never seen one turn black.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in a the same boat as you I ended up putting my DMS-1 on a 20in AR I had and just going to plain old irons on my 16in to save some weight. I use the 16 for some up close and personal hog hunting and the 20 for the sit and call sessions for the doggies.
but if I could I would go with a ACOG on the 16.

Dustin

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep suggesting the Leupold Prismatic when people are asking here. Very precise, etched reticle (can illuminate it). Have one on SOCOM16 and one on an AR. I am sold on it, but we all have our preferences. One reason or actually three reasons I like it is I nailed three, 40 or so pounds, hogs on a dead run out of some woods across rolling pasture at about 60-70 yards within about five seconds. I don't believe I could have done it had I still been using EoTechs, and I am old and eyes aren't that sharp anymore. Just a thought.

Where do you have it mounted on your SOCOM?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep suggesting the Leupold Prismatic when people are asking here. Very precise, etched reticle (can illuminate it). Have one on SOCOM16 and one on an AR. I am sold on it, but we all have our preferences. One reason or actually three reasons I like it is I nailed three, 40 or so pounds, hogs on a dead run out of some woods across rolling pasture at about 60-70 yards within about five seconds. I don't believe I could have done it had I still been using EoTechs, and I am old and eyes aren't that sharp anymore. Just a thought.

You know I did look long and hard at the Prismatic scopes, but for the price, I've basically got an etched EOTECH that's slightly heavier with the mount (no magnification). It even comes in Dark Earth which is cool, and its got 1/2 MOA clicks which is nice as well, but I'd like something with magnification that's not quite so heavy.

I'm honestly leaning towards just picking up the Leupold Turkey scope with no reticule change and throwing it on my son's rifle just to see how it looks/feels.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know I did look long and hard at the Prismatic scopes, but for the price, I've basically got an etched EOTECH that's slightly heavier with the mount (no magnification). It even comes in Dark Earth which is cool, and its got 1/2 MOA clicks which is nice as well, but I'd like something with magnification that's not quite so heavy.

I'm honestly leaning towards just picking up the Leupold Turkey scope with no reticule change and throwing it on my son's rifle just to see how it looks/feels.

I think you should try that Turkey scope, it would be lower to the rifle than anything else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom