Thinking of moving to beautiful Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah you guys don't get Saturday Night Live until Tuesday. Or so I've heard.
I think the human race can adopt to living anywhere! I was stationed at McGeragor Missie Range in New Mexico, part of, and located 35 miles north of Ft. Bliss TX. I was raised in the Ozarks, and this country was a shock to me, this range was located out in the desert, nothing else, not even a tree, for 35 miles, in any direction. Amazingly after a few months, I got to where I thought this was kinda pretty scenery, That was in 1964, and last winter my wife and I wanted to take a road trip, to a warmer climate, so we drove down through there. My first impressiion of this place was correct, that has got to be the ugliest place I have ever seen, with the possable exception of Deathj Valley, or down town Detroit!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get to Oklahoma already. :P

1650493118651.png

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard that tornado alley is moving eastward now, into Arkansas and Mississippi. Perhaps this is a question for lifelong Okies but is the tornado frequency less than it used to be? I remember hearing about Moore and Bridge Creek, particularly the 1999 tornado(es?) and in 2013. I remember growing up watching VHS specials and TLC documentaries and nearly everything was in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. They were all crystal clear, wide open, dancing across the plains. Now it seems it's all Iowa, Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee and they're all rain wrapped. The more recent tragedies that come to mind are Joplin MO and Tuscaloosa AL. Guess they're not so recent anymore (time flies!). There was an outbreak last Oct in OKC though right? Maybe it's all random.
No its seemed to move a little but still hasn’t completed its move

2ALibtard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a red state with decent weather, look at Arizona - Tucson or Flagstaff in particular. It gets hot, but it’s a dry heat so your body can actually regulate temperature better.

Lots of smaller communities nearby so you don’t have to live in the city proper. Plenty of churches, but it’s not like Oklahoma where there’s a church on every corner. Wide open spaces, beautiful deserts, the Grand Canyon and national parks in Utah are fairly close. You can drive to the mountains for a reprieve from the heat too.

All things considered, it’s a pretty good place to live, and it’s not as humid as Oklahoma which is a huge plus. And they rarely get snow or ice (we get a lot of ice).

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The air quality in Oklahoma is horrendous. Allergens are offa the charts. And during the late spring we get the smoke from all the fires in Mexico, New Mexico and Arizona. Move here but don‘t do it for the air quality. Screen shot from todays smoke out, 9:25am 5-9-2022.

https://data.oklahoman.com/fires/
B215B178-209F-438C-8F8D-EEE8E3D6DA99.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DANGERDAN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the moment Oklahoma is OK but going to **** quick with all the libturds moving here , Taking more of our rights away and crying about everything , They come in small then spread quickly already starting with Hollyweird starting to move in same as always oh we bring money then they bring horseshit I'm poor or I would move to florida or south america

Latest posts

Top Bottom