This Ammo Shortage is Worse Than Last Time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was stocked before all the crazy crap started the last time and continued to add to stock over the years in between. I figured there would be something else down the road that would cause a panic. Glad I did. Most people tend to get complacent when things are fine, just human nature.
Not having to look for ammunition is quite comforting.
No I'm not selling any of it.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to agree with all this. I’ve recently developed an AK itch, and picked up two off PSA on pure luck. Next time I saw them in stock the prices had been jacked up $200. They’re selling for double what I paid on gunbroker now. It’s insane.
For what it’s worth, gunworld in del city has pallets of ammo sitting around, and all the semi autos and ARs you could ever want. I think I saw a Calico SMG for $3800, and a Daniel defense AR for something in the neighborhood of $6400.

there’s steals to be had on ammo too.
HOLECHIT!

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup its nuts. You know its bad when even 30-30 ammo is hard to find. I remember a day when every where you went there was going to be 30-30 ammo on the shelf. I picked up a case of federal fusion little over a month ago for this very reason, glad I did. At least I can hunt for a loooong time.

I have buying 22lr for a awhile now, only local place that any in bulk was a farm store and now they are out.

I picked up a G17 a few weeks back but have not shot it, I am low on 9mm and dont want to shoot what I cant replace.

556 I am OK on but not where I want to be.

Also have 240 rounds of surplus swiss 308 but no 308 rifle... LOL.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup its nuts. You know its bad when even 30-30 ammo is hard to find. I remember a day when every where you went there was going to be 30-30 ammo on the shelf. I picked up a case of federal fusion little over a month ago for this very reason, glad I did. At least I can hunt for a loooong time.

I have buying 22lr for a awhile now, only local place that any in bulk was a farm store and now they are out.

I picked up a G17 a few weeks back but have not shot it, I am low on 9mm and dont want to shoot what I cant replace.

556 I am OK on but not where I want to be.

Also have 240 rounds of surplus swiss 308 but no 308 rifle... LOL.
I have also quit shooting my Glock 19 which is my EDC gun and my favorite range pistol. I have a fair amount of 9mm but at this point in time I do not want to reduce my stock any as things just keep getting crazier.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Probably should.

“Probable should already have been”
Fixed it for you.

Trying to start reloading now will likely frustrate you as much if not more than trying to find loaded .380 ammo. Equipment and components are tough to find right now too. Bullets, powder, and primer is something you still have to buy in quantity when available to weather the storms. They disappear off the shelf almost as fast as the ammo does when this happens.

I’ve had many calls and messaged from many people I know looking to see if I have “spare” equipment or supplies. I have preferred and secondary supplies. I only sell or trade secondary supplies for preferred supplies. It’s tough to tell them no.

I’ve even had to change my game plan. I’m now loading LPP .45 auto to preserve my small pistol primers.

Regardless reloading does have advantages. I see people shooting matches white some odd ammo not knowing how it will group or POI. It’s all they can get. I feel I have a better control on my situation.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have lots of brass and bullets, and a reasonable supply of powder(s). I probably should do a complete inventory of primers. It's been a while since I bought any!

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Probably should.

Yes. Do it. Reloading has been my saving grace when it comes to ammo. I've got ammo enough to last a lifetime, and enough reloading supplies for at least 3 more lifetimes.

Depending on how expensive you go with the loading equipment, loading a few thousand rounds will pay for it in savings over store bought ammo.

Woody

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only bright side to this is the excise tax that manufactures pay to the US Fish and Wildlife Service. There is a fund under the Wildlife Restoration Program where grant money is available to the states for Hunter Education. Gun and archery ranges are consider a part of hunter education. Money piled into that fund during the last ammo / gun scare. This is where Oklahoma got the funding for the construction of the new ranges and the remodeling of existing ranges around the state at the WMAs. Hopefully, money is piling into that fund again with this current scare.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The DNC Platform Goal is to End the Firearm Industry

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/07/the-dn ... -industry/

What's new right?
The DNC posted the party’s draft platform online, which will be formally adopted during the Milwaukee convention starting Aug. 17. Just two paragraphs of the 80-page document are dedicated to firearms, but not much space is needed when the party is in lockstep. The plan includes:

Criminalizing private firearm transfers
Disrupting interstate commerce by criminalizing online firearm and ammunition sales
Instituting endless “delay” windows for background checks
Banning the manufacture and sale of modern sporting rifles
Banning the manufacture and sale of standard magazines
Enacting licensing schemes to exercise Second Amendment rights
Enacting ex parte “red flag” laws to seize guns without legal recourse
Mandating home storage requirements under penalty of law
Repealing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act to subject the industry to frivolous lawsuits

Vote democrat ....and enjoy your misery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom