This Ammo Shortage is Worse Than Last Time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The DNC Platform Goal is to End the Firearm Industry

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/07/the-dn ... -industry/

What's new right?
The DNC posted the party’s draft platform online, which will be formally adopted during the Milwaukee convention starting Aug. 17. Just two paragraphs of the 80-page document are dedicated to firearms, but not much space is needed when the party is in lockstep. The plan includes:

Criminalizing private firearm transfers
Disrupting interstate commerce by criminalizing online firearm and ammunition sales
Instituting endless “delay” windows for background checks
Banning the manufacture and sale of modern sporting rifles
Banning the manufacture and sale of standard magazines
Enacting licensing schemes to exercise Second Amendment rights
Enacting ex parte “red flag” laws to seize guns without legal recourse
Mandating home storage requirements under penalty of law
Repealing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act to subject the industry to frivolous lawsuits

Vote democrat ....and enjoy your misery.
And to think, many gun owners choose to vote Democrat which results in more loss of their 2A rights.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to owners of LGS around here and both have sold more guns in the last 90 days than they have in the last year and a half. Their display cases and walls had very few guns in them. When I asked about ammo they said they still get about anything you want but it will be 3 weeks to a month after order date to receive it and can’t guarantee the same price as when ordered. I’m not liking the “new normal”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We moved back from Alaska a bit over a year ago now and I ditched all my ammo then to make it easier since we drove through Canada. I stocked back up some, but wasn't aggressive enough. I've got enough to keep shooting weekly at a slower pace and to make all my training classes the rest of the year, but next year is is looking bleak. I'll pay current market rates somewhat if I have to, but I see a lot of dryfire in my future.

Kinda emotionally hate all the hoarders that never shoot/train sitting on it, but it is what it is.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hold your noses and go to Dong's. They have everything you need and despite their lack of bedside manner don't jack up pricing. I bought some 9mm and 5.56 there a couple of weeks ago and totally forgot I did the same at the start of COVID-19. That was a nice surprise to see I had a full 50 cal can filled with WWB 9mm I forgot I'd bought. : )

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Do it. Reloading has been my saving grace when it comes to ammo. I've got ammo enough to last a lifetime, and enough reloading supplies for at least 3 more lifetimes.

Depending on how expensive you go with the loading equipment, loading a few thousand rounds will pay for it in savings over store bought ammo.

Woody
Yep. I've only been reloading since November of last year, but I've since got 2 other people started. It doesn't help us with more and more people trying to find supplies, but I think it is good to see more people getting involved. It's been a rewarding experience for me, that's for sure.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prices are nuts for sure. Sucks for guys hosting training classes too. I was thinking about jumping in on a local class but the round count was like 1,500 rounds....that adds a huge expense line to an already costly class.

I'll be delaying any formal training for awhile.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
076B2A32-87F8-4C00-839F-EBF6BC03B158.jpeg
Like some others have said this is exactly why avid shooters should reload, especially if you shoot anything other than 9mm and 45. All the centerfire rifle calibers and revolver ammo like 41 magnum and 45 colt and crazy expensive or hard to find. Hard to find components now too, but you still can find some. Primers seem to be the worst to find right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom