This country music gen-z rap crap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Real country music hasn’t been played on the radio for many years. There’s plenty of real country artists out there, but you have to seek them out. I’ve posted this link before in another similar thread, but Hank Williams III pretty much sums it all up in one video. ***Explicit Language Warning***

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like a good beat and a good story in a song.
And do not like illiterate talking or Ebonics talking in it.

I really hate commercials and switch the radio off or change the channel.
Country stations I rarely listen to anymore.

I do not want to hear a song by some guy crying about his girl friend that left him.
Grow a pair dude.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure why so many folks hate country rap. It's the perfect soundtrack to our current societal downfall.

Metrosexuals pretending to be farmers, city whores pretending to be country girls, everyone embracing diversity and all the benefits we've gained from it, I mean - what have they missed?

I've had the pleasure of seeing Haggard, Paycheck, DAC, Hank Jr, George Jones and George Strait, and a few other awesome country legends.

As the song says, "there's been a murder on Music Row".

What's funny is the same folks that own THAT media, are the same folks that own the NEWS media.

I wonder who they hate most of all?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a SXM subscription for my car. It's only $5 month. I listen to ch 58 Classic Country and wife listens to 70s hits. I wish we could just pay for those two channels. I hate "new" country and really resent that bulls**t even being called country music.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not into the rap/country mix that exists today but have no problem with those who like it.
For me, the country music sweet spot is 80's and 90's country with some of the early George Strait music. I don't really like the stuff from the 50's and 60's. It's a generational thing.
I do remember in the 90's when old timers (anyone older than me) would lament the change in country music saying that the new stuff wasn't country. Now it's played on the classic country stations.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not into the rap/country mix that exists today but have no problem with those who like it.
For me, the country music sweet spot is 80's and 90's country with some of the early George Strait music. I don't really like the stuff from the 50's and 60's. It's a generational thing.
I do remember in the 90's when old timers (anyone older than me) would lament the change in country music saying that the new stuff wasn't country. Now it's played on the classic country stations.
Folks claim men can have babies these days also.

******** is ********, whether it's accepted or not.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Real country music hasn’t been played on the radio for many years. There’s plenty of real country artists out there, but you have to seek them out. I’ve posted this link before in another similar thread, but Hank Williams III pretty much sums it all up in one video. ***Explicit Language Warning***

I have seen Hank III live twice so far. I will say that if you do get tickets and like his country, get there early. The second half of his show is NOT country music. I really enjoy the broad range of styles he covers while he opens for himself and spends several hours onstage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom