This crazy is as bad as ever now; I think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biden's EPA will send those that "lost" their weapons in lakes to reeducation camps and in some cases, "pound you in the ____ federal prison" for poluting our lakes with (gasp) "assault weapons".
Nah, just tell the EPA that they make a reef for all the little fish when at the bottom of the lake. They do the same thing when the sink old navy ships. They won't know reefs are only in saltwater.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, all I can say is; I remember the last time there was a crazy shortage like this. Glad I don't need to worry too much about it. I'm in good shape cause when times were good, I bought wisely.

Amen.

Every election cycle, we see something like this. Knowing that the progressivly challenged candidates from the "Democrat Plantation" would hard-sell their wet dream of "gun control" this time, I started buying in 2019 ... and I bought a lot. I passed on buying guns in order to buy ammo (and magazines).

What was different this election cycle was the messaging from the left that they would outright ban and confiscate. They were never really quite that bold in their whining in past elections. What also amplified demand and effected supply was the Chinese pandemic fears and the race-pimp BLM riots following the Floyd overdose. Lot of gun sales means a lot of ammo sales.

Not buying as much now as I did up through last March last year but when I see something "reasonable" by where I think tomorrow will be, I buy it. I placed a small order with Freedom the other week for 400 rounds of 124gr FMJ 9mm. It was (I think) 63¢ per round. While 43¢ higher than YAG, it is now out-of-stock but was selling for 74¢ per round. Today (as in right now), Freedom has Hornady Critical Duty 9mm +P 135gr for (gasp) $3.20 per round (and no, I don't think that is "reasonable"). Same price per round for Hornady American Gunner in 380ACP. I was paying 71¢ per round for Hornady Critical Defense 380ACP ammo in March. Was paying 20¢ per round for their 100gr FMJ/FP and it is now 99¢ per round when they have it.

Ammunition is a commodity. Once people quit buying and demand falls, prices will go back down.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(Don't let it out, but I probably have stashed a little over 100 rounds of .22lr; maybe 20-25 rounds of .32acp, a little shy of a box of 50 in .380acp, and 46 rounds of 9mm FMJ).

At today's prices, that'd about $150 worth. Woo hoo!

(Didn't count shotgun and rifle ammo; it's all buried in an old coffee can along with $60 in cash in the back
coffee can.jpg
yard)

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(Don't let it out, but I probably have stashed a little over 100 rounds of .22lr; maybe 20-25 rounds of .32acp, a little shy of a box of 50 in .380acp, and 46 rounds of 9mm FMJ).

(Didn't count shotgun and rifle ammo; it's all buried in an old coffee can in the back yard)
I'm sneaking over with a metal detector..

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

(Didn't count shotgun and rifle ammo; it's all buried in an old coffee can along with $60 in cash in the back View attachment 190098 yard)

Hoarder

Latest posts

Top Bottom