This evening's eclipse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like every week there's some spectacular "moon event" lately.
Better than all the political BS going on these days.
I'm ready for some eclipse. lol
BTW when I left the house at 7:30 this morning, the full moon was still way above the horizon. Pretty cool, haven't seen that before that I can remember.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember sitting out last year with the family watching the total lunar eclipse - it was pretty cool, I'd never seen one of those in all my years, so to experience it with my son, knowing he will have that as a memory of the family hanging out was pretty neat.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The eclipse was a penumbral, which means the moon only grazes the lighter part of the Earth's shadow. Here's a photo I took about 30 minutes after moonrise. You can see the left edge is somewhat darker than the right edge.

[/URL]
wow, you took that photo? It's awesome! Can I steal it?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
August 21st of this year we'll have a total solar eclipse here in KC area. Last time I remember one here I was in 8th grade...long time ago. That was just a partial and it was pretty weird. Can't wait!

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't make any money on it Pulp. I just saved as my background on my phone and mooned people with it!

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom