This girl goes to school tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get so much enjoyment out of training my lab, I am not sure if I could take him to a pro.
I’ve trained with some pros, and I can’t/won’t be near as rough on my dog as they are on client dogs. Of course, that’s probably why those dogs turn out like they do, and mine have all been just “decent”.:anyone:

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5196CE6A-D0DB-4B7F-9B4F-513A89C24EEF.jpeg

Got a little point today on a bird!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 153369
Got a little point today on a bird!
Sweet! :thumb:

We got a free pup once from a newspaper ad. Mom was an Irish setter, and apparently Dad was a traveling salesman. All the pups looked like Mom except the one we picked, which looked eerily like a border collie.

I was young back then, the kids were 6-8, and we'd often stay outside with them after I got home from work in the summer. One evening I was laying in the back yard playing with the kids and this 6-8 week old pup, and there was a small oak branch with leaves nearby that had blown off during a recent storm (the leaves were still green). I picked it up and tossed it a few feet just to get it out of the way.

The pup saw me toss it, and waddled over to the branch and tugged and pulled with all he had to bring me the branch back (lol, it was a really small branch). I petted and praised him, then tossed it again. He actually went into a wobbly point for a few seconds, then brought it back again. I was absolutely amazed.

Some folks say that breeding doesn't matter. I'm convinced it does. ;)
:drunk2:

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the trainer sending you pics or are you there with the pups?
Trainer is sending pics. I was there Saturday and he got them interested in birds in a dog run cage. Then set some birds in a field and got them close to them to flush the birds. My dog chased one bird probably 200 yds and caught it and brought it back to us alive

Latest posts

Top Bottom