This happened twice !!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Few months ago I bought a used Ruger MarK III 22/45, I did some modifications:

from this:

22:45 -- 1.jpg

to this:

Ruger Mark III -- 21 March 21.jpg

While putting the Ruger back together, the first time. I bent the long leg of the sear spring ( I thought it came that way). The leg finally slipped passed the hammer pin Friday (while I was at the range -- Excellent day !!!!)

so Friday night I take the Ruger apart -- found where I messed up -- straightened the long leg of the sear spring and put it to the rear of the hammer pin -- it provides tension for the sear and helps retain the hammer pin.

I am lining the trigger ( this wasn’t necessary to remove, but I took everything apart) up to install and I launch the trigger plunger and spring -- the plunger lands in my pocket the trigger spring lands somewhere in my garage.

This happened the last time I took the Ruger apart to change the trigger -- I lost the plunger. It took me 2 hours of searching to find the plunger !!!, didn’t want to spend 2 hours looking for the spring.

So Saturday morning I drive and call all over Tulsa, looking for a trigger spring -- No one has one !!!!

The best comment I heard was the Ruger Mark III is the most popular gun to bring to gunsmith in parts !!!!!

I go back home, wanting to clear my workbench, I put my Ruger parts in a box -- And there it is; the trigger spring; next to the rubber mat, under my Ruger parts.

Got the gun back together, went to the Range, was back at hitting the swingers at 26 yards.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. How do you like the hive grip?

I have thought about getting one for my MKIV 22/45 several times. I like the feel of my MKIII 22/45 and it looks to me like this would make the MKIV even thicker than it is with factory grips.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Hive grips -- little bit more bulky than the standard grips -- but I sweat a lot during the summer, helps me grip the firearm; if your ever in Broken Arrow, we can go to the range and see for yourself -- If I had to do it over again, the Hive grips would be on the top of the list !!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom