This is a very special piece of brass. There will be no other like it for me ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a big get together for Easter. I carried some irons to have some entertainment.
After lunch, the little ones were hunting eggs, I mosey down the shooting range, older grandsons following.

We had been busting caps for about 45 minutes and youngest grandson (Mason - 8) comes down. A minute behind him, daughter-in-law niece and John, her 6yo slowly walk down.
Mason wants to shoot, I load up the .357 with cowboy loads. He finishes his 5 rounds and we are at the bench. John and his Mom come up and John says he wants to shoot. I look at Mom and she says he had never shot, held or seen a gun, but it was ok for me to show him.
We sit down and have a little lesson, show him how it works, let him hold it.
I have a 5 gal bucket of water, sitting about 5 yrds down range. Load 1 round and have him hold it both hands. I help support his hands and cock the hammer on the Blawkhawk. He takes a serious aim and pulls the trigger. Hits the bucket dead center and destroys it.

I take the gun and eject the brass. Mom asked if she could have it, " for his book of firsts ".
I couldn't say no. Though it hurts when I lose brass.
John's Dad showed up, yo see what was going on. Said he had never fired a handgun. He ended up shooting them all.
We may have a couple of "nuts" in the making.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
We had a big get together for Easter. I carried some irons to have some entertainment.
After lunch, the little ones were hunting eggs, I mosey down the shooting range, older grandsons following.

We had been busting caps for about 45 minutes and youngest grandson (Mason - 8) comes down. A minute behind him, daughter-in-law niece and John, her 6yo slowly walk down.
Mason wants to shoot, I load up the .357 with cowboy loads. He finishes his 5 rounds and we are at the bench. John and his Mom come up and John says he wants to shoot. I look at Mom and she says he had never shot, held or seen a gun, but it was ok for me to show him.
We sit down and have a little lesson, show him how it works, let him hold it.
I have a 5 gal bucket of water, sitting about 5 yrds down range. Load 1 round and have him hold it both hands. I help support his hands and cock the hammer on the Blawkhawk. He takes a serious aim and pulls the trigger. Hits the bucket dead center and destroys it.

I take the gun and eject the brass. Mom asked if she could have it, " for his book of firsts ".
I couldn't say no. Though it hurts when I lose brass.
John's Dad showed up, yo see what was going on. Said he had never fired a handgun. He ended up shooting them all.
We may have a couple of "nuts" in the making.

Good for you!!

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s an awesome idea! I am trying to get started myself, but I’m having to set up in the garage and it’s been too dang hot to get out there! I’m definitely gonna save my first ones. Thanks for the idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom