This is impressive, even for Democrats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's not the issue. These shops are selling booze and even shots IIRC. They have grills that are maintained to be "Inside the local law" but many don't actually use the grill ever. In other words, these little bodaga's found a loop hole and are exploiting it
"Loophole" is a euphemism for "following the law as written" used when the speaker doesn't like how the law works. See also: "gun show loophole," "assault weapon loophole" (taking off the scary cosmetic features while maintaining the functional elements of the gun), etc.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Loophole" is a euphemism for "following the law as written" used when the speaker doesn't like how the law works. See also: "gun show loophole," "assault weapon loophole" (taking off the scary cosmetic features while maintaining the functional elements of the gun), etc.
Uhhhhhh OK.

I know what a loophole is. This particular "loophole" has nothing to do with "gun show loopholes"

I fail to see the point of your post

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhhhhh OK.

I know what a loophole is. This particular "loophole" has nothing to do with "gun show loopholes"

I fail to see the point of your post
You're complaining about the businesses in question "exploiting" a "loophole." I provided examples of the shoe being on the other foot, wherein we were "exploiting" a "loophole." I suspect you didn't complain about those....

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I understand trying to regulate these ersatz "liquor stores"... but for God's sake, WTF does bulletproof glass have to do with ANYTHING???? If you don't want them to be liquor stores in all but name, fine. No problem with that. But how does having bulletproof glass in your liquor store, convenience store or bank or loan business or whatever hurt the community?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I understand trying to regulate these ersatz "liquor stores"... but for God's sake, WTF does bulletproof glass have to do with ANYTHING???? If you don't want them to be liquor stores in all but name, fine. No problem with that. But how does having bulletproof glass in your liquor store, convenience store or bank or loan business or whatever hurt the community?
They're trying to remove the BP glass so the owners will feel more physically threatened (by the shady crowd the loophole attracts), and stop the practice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying my best to get into her thinking, and it may be that if they took away the bullet proof glass, the store owners may not be so willing to screw the customer as they might get shot by a gansta?
Dunno.

Latest posts

Top Bottom