This Is My Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everybody!
Ya' have asked for pretty much a complete review of my AR and of what I'mma' do to her in the future, so here ya' go!
This is my rifle!

As far as stock parts on it, it still has the following:

DPMS Oracle Upper and Lower Receivers
DPMS Oracle 16" SS Barrel
DPMS Oracle 2-Stage Trigger
DPMS Oracle BCG
DPMS Oracle A2 Flash Hider
DPMS Oracle Mag and Bolt Release
DPMS Oracle Charging Handle

Aftermarket parts I put on:

Samson EVO 15" Picatinny Free Float Handguard (6061 T6 Aluminum, 13.4 oz, one 2" and one 4" Picatinny rails, IO 1.56", DO 1.8")
Ergo F93 Pro Stock (1.3 lbs)
Magpul Front and Rear MBUS Sights (Front 1.2oz, Rear 1.3 oz)
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard (Aluminum)
Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 Grip Kit Type 1 (Bottle in Grip, Grey)
Brownells Washer
UTG Rubber Rail Covers (6x)
Bravo Company USA Low Profile Gas Block (.750)
Bravo Company USA Ambi-Latch VLTOR Mod A44 Charging Handle
Magpul PMAG (2x)

Now as to why I had gotten these parts, welp, here's why guys and gals.:

Samson rail: I got it in the Picatinny platform (I thought it was actually the KeyMod version, that was my main intent behind gettin' it).
It's a great, solid, adaptable handguard that can be utilized in whatever situation you would want to use it in.
I got the 15" model for 1) I have about a 14" to 15" LoP; 2) I wanted the maximum distance I could get with my iron sights to have the best accuracy I could possibly get out of my rifle; 3) at that length it has a nice balance to the rifle, one side isn't heavier than the other; and 4) also just for cosmetic purposes, I personally just don't like having my barrel on my AR exposed that much, it just doesn't look right really to me.
If you were wondering about whether or not your suppressor will fit with this rail, yes it will fit.
Samson-Mft has a video on their website that shows you can install a suppressor to your rifle even if the rail goes over the suppressor.
The only con about this rail is that it isn't the KeyMod version like I thought I was gettin' but that was a personal mistake. :'(
In reality though, I can't find any cons to this rail at all, I give it a 10/10!

Ergo F93 stock: This stock to me is one of the best stocks you could get out there, IMHO.
What's weird about it though is that you actually have to get rid of the buffer tube that's on your AR if you plan on gettin' this stock (which at first I didn't know at all) but in doing so is actually a good thing (yes, it does come with it's own tube for those who may not know about this particular stock).
It's personal tube and the stock itself have "teeth" that lock up on each other for a tighter fit, plus it has this tiny lil' level/latch that you push down to lock it down even tighter like on some of the new Magpul stocks (if you didn't know this by know, yes, it is a collapsible stock).
It is a very rugged and versatile stock due to those "teeth" and lock/latch that make that 8 point adjustable stock feel like a fixed stock unlike that other adjustable/collapsible stocks that have that little bit of rattle/play in them.
Plus (it's optional to put it on) it comes with a nice 1/2" rubber buttpad (it comes with it) so therefore the felt recoil is now reduced a bit more.
Like with the rail, it gives the rifle a good feeling balance to it so therefore it's not to heavy on either end of the rifle.
The only con with this stock is that it is a lil' bit wide, but it's not that bit of an issue at all.
It's not to wide to get in the way of anything whether it be for sport like 3-Gun or if you're wearing body armor.
I give it a 9.9/10!

Magpul front and rear sights: They're are great for starting out on a build, but to keep for the entire life of the rifle, no because plastic wears out quicker than metal does.
I had somehow lost the front sight post tool so I had to use a bullet to adjust the front sight post, I got my post where I wanted it just the ridge in front of the post is kinda' shredded.
The rear sight I don't have any problems with besides the peep hole is just a tad bit to tiny to see through, not saying I can't see through it and hit what I'm aiming at, it's just not my cup of tea as far as how bit the peep hole is.
For short term usage I give the plastic Magpul front and rear sights a 9/10, but as far as long term usage, 7/10.

Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard: It is good, I like it especially when I'm wearing gloves because my glove doesn't get caught up like on a standard G.I. AR trigger guard.
My only problem I had with it was trying to get the pins it came with through the hole, that was a pain in my ass.
Other than that lil' issue, I give it a 10/10!

Magpul MIAD (MIssion ADaptable) grip: It is great, I love mine (although I had accidentally gotten grey instead of black so it looks kinda funny but it ain't that big of a deal).
I like how you can customize it like you can now on almost every polymer pistol out on the market today.
It comes with a small, medium, and large backstrap and either a flat or one finger groove (like on a regular A2 style pistol grip) frontstrap.
Me personally, I like the large backstrap and flat frontstrap because I have these long ass fingers so pretty much on every gun that I can trick the grip out on it gets the large backstrap.
I like the flat frontstrap over the one finger groove because I like to get up as high as I can on the grip to be as accurate as I could possibly be, plus I've just never liked the feel of an A2 style pistol grip.
I also like the fact of the lil' compartment there is for it, I have the lil' bottle it comes with filled up with Hoppe's #9 because say I happen to run out of Hoppe's #9 I always have some and also say if the world went to hell and SHTF and for some odd reason Murphy makes my rifle foul up and jam because it's dirty, I could through a lil' bit of that into the chamber, put the bottle back into the grip, rack the charging handle a couple of times and she should be ready to go back into combat.
So I give it a 10/10!

I'm not gonna' go over the Brownells washer, it's just a washer, but I'll give it a 10/10 anyways just to be nice.

UTG Rubber Rail Covers: I like them, I haven't got to shoot my rifle since I've put them on but they feel good so I bet I'll perform good with them on.
I put those on because I tend to hold either right at the gas block or right in front of it so after shooting it for a while I just 'bout damn near drop the darn thing because it gets hot.
Not because it gets hot easily, but because when I bring my AR out to shoot, that's all I really wanna' shoot even though I bring out other guns with me to the range.
I have six of the covers on the rail, one directly over and under the gas block perfectly and then one residing on each side of the ones that are directly over and under the gas block.
I can't really give it a grade on performance yet since I haven't got to shoot it with the covers on but as far as the way it feels, I give it an 8.5/10 because they're just a wee bit bulky (but why complain when I got them for free from my dad off of his rail he got for his AR).

Bravo Company USA .750 Low Profile Gas Block: It seems to execute the job it need to do perfectly so there ain't much to say so I give it a 10/10.

Bravo Company USA Ambi-Latch VLTOR Charging Handle: It's excellent! I "accidentally dropped it" so the left latch if unfortunately broke on it.
I contacted Bravo Company yesterday by email about if they're able to send me a new one (that's what I heard that they'll do for ya' if something of the such happens) so hopefully they get back in touch with me soon on that.
I give it a 10/10!

Damn, I think I'm starting to get arthritis in my wrists from all this typing but I gotta' keep going so you guys know what's up with my "Barbie for men".

Now then, as far as what I might do as an optic, I really don't know yet.
I'm thinking of getting a Vortex Crossfire II low powered scope and get the Vortex 3" eye relief 30mm cantilever scope mount and then to go along with that as far as back up irons either get Griffin Armament left handed offset sights or Troy H&K medium front and Troy Dioptic medium rear style all steel flip ups.
My other option I was thinking about as far as an optic would be like an Aimpoint COMPM4S, Aimpoint Micro T-2, Aimpoint Pro, or some sort of EOTech and get flip up irons like the Troy ones I mentioned to get with the dot.

Now as to what else I'm going to get soon (hopefully) do to the rifle is:

Fortis SHIFT Angled Foregrip (short)
Odin Works XMR2 Extended Mag Release
Either a Fortis 5.56 Black Nitride Brake, VG6 Epsilon Brake, Precision Armament EFAB Brake, or the Spikes Tactical Dynacomp 2 (the preferred one I want)
Some sort of Timney or Geissele trigger
Boomfab BCG (that's a maybe on that)

Now then, what this rifle's purpose is for with all of this one it is for sport, combat, and just because I want it. :woohoo1:
So, that is my rifle!

Here are some pictures of her:
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160314_2cc5a19ece6a66afb46693380b263a75.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160314_1db86f69d1f310c7db4ac31f2e8b20c7.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160314_b95ef5b68ce24761c7930e22761c313f.jpg

Last edited:

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...and how does she shoot?

She shoots great, dead on accurate no matter what I feed through her.
At 25 yards, I can cover up 3 rounds with the tip of my index finger and at 50 I can cover up 3 rounds with a quarter or maybe smaller.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160314_d8d96ce993eddf67201ce73a29739e8b.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160314_1a1f39e12a1e62d80e18adb2ec162788.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160314_a7c77d8481dc7167b37448c2b60969cf.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160314_dbab529a80610bb37c8d4febfd975f36.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160314_2c6151435ff3bddd4b4811cc1a05706d.jpg

The first picture of the lane I was shooting at, and yes that is the drink of champions.
The second picture is 14 rounds in a less than 2" group.
The next three pictures are my best three groups of 3 at 25 yards, standing off a bench, with Wolf 55 grain fmj, with the wind blowing mad crazy out.
I have really been doing more up-close speed drill shooting with it instead of accuracy at distances.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom