This is why I would hesitate to EVER draw CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they know they were in there? Did they know they were innocent? Tough noogies if someone is shooting at me. They gonna die.
Well, they probably didn't know they were there. I mean...they're clearly visible in the windows. They sure should have the presumption of innocence as they were just parked in a parking lot.

Kind makes me think of the basic rules of firearms....which one was it? Oh... yeah....

"Be certain of your target, your line of fire, and what lies beyond your target"

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only a couple of simple questions need to be asked, is involving yourself in someone else's fight worth the risk of being maimed, killed, prison, and/or being sued for everything you have, and it's not just you, how will these real world realities affect your family?

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was another similar police shooting in Phoenix earlier this month.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...le-near-15th-avenue-camelback-road/ar-AAKGJCr

Man holding two shoplifters at gun point. Shot by Police Officer.

I worked for Phoenix Police Department from 1973 to 1976. The use of force training I received back then would not have allowed me to shot a person pointing a gun.

In this day and age with more and more people open carry/ concealed carry, this type of confrontation seems much more likely to occur. I would hope that modern police use of force training would address this. A person displaying a firearm is not always the bad guy.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In this day and age with more and more people open carry/ concealed carry, this type of confrontation seems much more likely to occur. I would hope that modern police use of force training would address this. A person displaying a firearm is not always the bad guy.

Exactly...it is a training issue...same thing goes for when cops beat up a diabetic senior citizen who needs insulin and they say they're drunk...leadership is to blame.

More info came out on this story though, looks like there were not cops on the scene and he shot a cop who was walking by so the good guy killed the bad guy for that and then the cops responded and killed the good guy. Also, media says AR but looks like AK to me so I'm sure they need the story to be AR to have the desired impact.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...anti-police-letter-shooting-dead-officer.html

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly...it is a training issue...same thing goes for when cops beat up a diabetic senior citizen who needs insulin and they say they're drunk...leadership is to blame.

More info came out on this story though, looks like there were not cops on the scene and he shot a cop who was walking by so the good guy killed the bad guy for that and then the cops responded and killed the good guy. Also, media says AR but looks like AK to me so I'm sure they need the story to be AR to have the desired impact.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...anti-police-letter-shooting-dead-officer.html

As usual, it takes a foreign outlet to provide in-depth coverage of a domestic event.

As to the issue here, domain awareness is critical. Once the good Samaritan took out the bad guy, he should've taken up a barricaded position and observed the area for additional threats and police response, rather than picking up the downed bad guy's weapon. Sadly, he set himself up to be shot by responding officers.

This is a moral and ethical conundrum. I've spent too many years under Oath to simply say "not my problem", particularly when I know I could save a life or more. Just know that if you act in a public place, others have no way to identify you as a good guy, so be prepared to look non-threatening when others with guns show up.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just know that if you act in a public place, others have no way to identify you as a good guy, so be prepared to look non-threatening when others with guns show up.
If you shoot someone in any place other than your home, at the very least you're going to have your weapon taken and get to wear the chrome bracelets and get a free ride to a government owned building. You also might get shot. These are things people that carry should know and understand, and know and understand well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom