This NIL crap is about to ruin college sports IMO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just as an example, Charlie Batch, former NFL QB has tweeted to Caleb Williams that a firm he works for "Game Above Capital" would pay him $1 million for 1 season with Eastern Michigan. Also, I read that supporters of another school (I can't remember which) have formed a group that is willing to pay $30 million to be spread between players to entice them to attend that school. Linemen will be offered $50-60 thoushand for a season.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'be been saying for at least 10 years that College Football is unsustainable. Well it may be at the podunk little colleges.

It's really Semi Pro Football.

There's just absolutely way too much money involved.

Head coaches are getting close to the $10 Million a year salary. And don't give me this crap that the schools not paying for it, it's paid by the earnings of the football team blah blah blah.

Assistant coaches, some are now making 1.5 million a year, soon one will get 2 million a year.

That's crazy.

And people would get mad at me because they are a loyal fan of, you name the school. Even though they've never been in that state, they identify with and are rabid fans of. That's crazy too.

Right now we're seeing the beginning of the college football stars, the very best players, jumping in and out of teams yearly or so, ever chasing the $$$ and the fame, etc Give it a few more years and watch.

We are going to see a massive transformation into semi pro, mark my words. And it will be huge money.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing that got me was all of the people saying that the players should get paid because of the money the school makes off of their performance; so what is all of this hoopla over people with six figures of college debt, wanting the .gov to forgive their loans? I mean, apparently a free ride through college because you can run, throw, or catch must not be worth much? Appears to me they're "gettng paid" through their scholarships. Those cost plenty.

As ususal - American greed ruins everything.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-recruiting-class-nil-money/
  • Head coach Jimbo Fisher and the Texas A&M Aggies signed one of the best recruiting classes of all-time this year.
  • To do so, per reports, boosters coordinated a very, very expensive NIL effort to be paid out if/when recruits officially enroll.

exas A&M football currently holds the nation’s top recruiting class for 2022. With six five-star prospects, 19 four-stars and three three-stars, the Aggies are loaded.

Among the commitments, head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff landed the nation’s top-rated linebacker, top-rated defensive lineman and the second-ranked wide receiver. They also kept the nation’s second-ranked quarterback in-state, locking up the program’s biggest need for the foreseeable future.

And, although the class is all-but finished, there is still time to land another prospect or two before or on National Signing Day. With a 247Sports composite score of 328.82, it is the nation’s No. 1 class by more than 11 points over Alabama.

Needless to say, the Aggies have hit the recruiting trail extremely hard. Per a recent rumor, their boosters also spent a small fortune.

Apparently, Texas A&M’s 2022 recruiting class is set to cost the school’s boosters upwards of $30 million in deals for NIL when the prospects officially enroll.​

According to a message board user who goes by SlicedBread, Aggie boosters spent between $25 and $30 million to sure-up the nation’s top class. He reported that the effort was targeted and coordinated.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'be been saying for at least 10 years that College Football is unsustainable. Well it may be at the podunk little colleges.

It's really Semi Pro Football.

There's just absolutely way too much money involved.

Head coaches are getting close to the $10 Million a year salary. And don't give me this crap that the schools not paying for it, it's paid by the earnings of the football team blah blah blah.

Assistant coaches, some are now making 1.5 million a year, soon one will get 2 million a year.

That's crazy.

And people would get mad at me because they are a loyal fan of, you name the school. Even though they've never been in that state, they identify with and are rabid fans of. That's crazy too.

Right now we're seeing the beginning of the college football stars, the very best players, jumping in and out of teams yearly or so, ever chasing the $$$ and the fame, etc Give it a few more years and watch.

We are going to see a massive transformation into semi pro, mark my words. And it will be huge money.
I used to work for a guy that was from England. 5 or 6 years ago, he said
“you should look at the Soccer(futbol) leagues in Europe, college football in America will be the same in 10 years”
We all told him he was nuts, seems I may owe him an apology. Cause it is starting to look more and more like pro baseball in America. Almost like the NFL will start having farm teams. KC Chiefs will have OU and WVU and Dallas Cowboys will have OSU and UT and …

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SEC programs already have some insane percentage of college sports revenue; with OU and Texas, IIRC, they’re close to 50%. I know someone who thinks the next step is for the SEC to recruit a few more big name/money programs like Ohio State and get over the 50% mark, then they’ll tell the NCAA to pound sand, do away with the four-year eligibility limitation, and become a semi-pro league.

Latest posts

Top Bottom