This NIL crap is about to ruin college sports IMO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The SEC programs already have some insane percentage of college sports revenue; with OU and Texas, IIRC, they’re close to 50%. I know someone who thinks the next step is for the SEC to recruit a few more big name/money programs like Ohio State and get over the 50% mark, then they’ll tell the NCAA to pound sand, do away with the four-year eligibility limitation, and become a semi-pro league.
This appears to be the plan to me. Speaking for myself, I've cared a little less for college football each year over the last 15 years. This year, I'm it took a big drop. It's getting close to something that I don't pay any attention to, like the NFL.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing that got me was all of the people saying that the players should get paid because of the money the school makes off of their performance; so what is all of this hoopla over people with six figures of college debt, wanting the .gov to forgive their loans? I mean, apparently a free ride through college because you can run, throw, or catch must not be worth much? Appears to me they're "gettng paid" through their scholarships. Those cost plenty.

As ususal - American greed ruins everything.
For most players that is enough. Also Most colleges dont cost six figures nor are students taking out that many loans close to that... That is your big name schools and or private. Or students being idiots and getting second or 3rd degrees. The thing is they are bringing in more money than what they are receiving in college scholarships. Well some of them are. Paying players is not a complete solution nor is it even reasonable that everyone should get paid.

Last edited:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For most players that is enough. Also Most colleges dont cost six figures nor are students taking out that many loans close to that... That is your big name schools and or private. Or students being idiots and getting second or 3rd degrees. The thing is they are bringing in more money than what they are receiving in college scholarships. Well some of them are. Paying players is not a complete solution nor is it even reasonable that everyone should get paid.
NONE should get paid. Be happy with your scholarship, or kick rocks. It's all greed - from both sides. It would be easy to make a case that many employees of many business are profiting the company monetarily more than their compensation. That's life.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NONE should get paid. Be happy with your scholarship, or kick rocks. It's all greed - from both sides. It would be easy to make a case that many employees of many business are profiting the company monetarily more than their compensation. That's life.
I mean just because thats life doesnt mean they dont have the right to try and get more... Of course an employee generates more then they are worth. Thats the whole point but when its many times their own worth than thats when people start wondering why they cant get a peice of that. Id argue that maybe schools should get out of a money making enterprise all together such as athletics.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean just because thats life doesnt mean they dont have the right to try and get more... Of course an employee generates more then they are worth. Thats the whole point but when its many times their own worth than thats when people start wondering why they cant get a peice of that. Id argue that maybe schools should get out of a money making enterprise all together such as athletics.
I second that. Go to school for an education (which even that's debatable now), or prove your abilities to professional organizations if you want to play sports..

Latest posts

Top Bottom