This should take the starch out of your shorts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
U.S. Backs $1B Loan to Mexico for Oil Drilling Despite Obama Moratorium

Despite President Obama's moratorium on U.S. deepwater drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, the U.S. Export-Import Bank intends to guarantee $1 billion in loans to PEMEX, the Mexican state oil company, to bolster the company's oil drilling in the region.

The bank, which is the official American export credit agency, loaned more than $1 billion to PEMEX in 2009 -- when the company was the bank's largest borrower -- in support of its drilling activities. That year, the bank also guaranteed two loans totaling $300 million made by a commercial lender.

The latest request comes during a drilling moratorium that was first imposed by Obama in May to find out what was the cause behind the April 20 Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion killed 11 workers and led to 206 million gallons of oil spewing from BP's undersea well.

For complete article:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...mexico-oil-drilling-despite-obama-moratorium/

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guys I work with are always saying our president is trying to bring our country to it's knees. I used to think they were a little "out there". My view is changing rapidly. Starting to see it from their point of view.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the article:

"None of these projects involve deepwater drilling," bank spokeswoman Maura Policelli told FoxNews.com in an e-mail.

I don't really see the big deal. There is a deepwater drilling ban and none of the money is going to deepwater drilling. :confused:

OH HEY! We finally found one of those billions of dollars this moron in office handed out!

I'm pretty sure that the Ex-Im bank acquires it's funds through private investors and not the government. That being the case it would mean the money didn't come from taxpayers and furthermore I'm pretty sure that one of the requirements of the loan is that jobs have to be created for US workers.

I don't see why this is a bad thing. Money for US jobs and money for US investors. :scratch: It sounds like a good thing to me!

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the article:

I don't really see the big deal. There is a deepwater drilling ban and none of the money is going to deepwater drilling. :confused:

I'm pretty sure that the Ex-Im bank acquires it's funds through private investors and not the government. That being the case it would mean the money didn't come from taxpayers and furthermore I'm pretty sure that one of the requirements of the loan is that jobs have to be created for US workers.

I don't see why this is a bad thing. Money for US jobs and money for US investors. :scratch: It sounds like a good thing to me!

No it went to banks. Which means it will be sifted through endless transfers and end up in all the wrong hands as this jerk off planned. Can you show me where this money has surfaced?

Latest posts

Top Bottom