This Sounds Like a Legitimate Way to Fund the Department

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m ok with them, IF they were the result of a guilty verdict. Not the guilty until you prove your innocent current approach.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m ok with them, IF they were the result of a guilty verdict. Not the guilty until you prove your innocent current approach.
I don't think very many have a problem with criminal asset forfeiture. The problem many of us have is with civil asset forfeiture, which is straight up theft.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago I recall that Canadian County Sheriffs Office was quite proud of civil asset forfeiture and bragged regularly about the stuff it stole from people crossing the state on I40. I wonder if they have changed their opinion.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago I recall that Canadian County Sheriffs Office was quite proud of civil asset forfeiture and bragged regularly about the stuff it stole from people crossing the state on I40. I wonder if they have changed their opinion.
Few months ago I remember a story about a few Chinese from CA stopped on I40 and they took 10s of thousands from them because their story didn't make sense.

Certainly possible, or even likely, they were up to no good, but the idea that it's then up to them to prove their innocence to get their money back is wrong. They had retained a lawyer to try to get the money back but I don't know how it ended up.

The whole thing flies in the face of our 'innocent until' idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom