This was no Immigrant working day. Did anyone notice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
16807286_1048362011961293_192153535176635509_n.png

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get ready, the "Day Without a Woman" protest is coming March 8.

I'm gonna have to learn how to make a sammich.

Some of the drive-thru fast food joints might still be open...but the sammiches and burgers aren't gonna be too good.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody has a right to protest.
It can come with consequences though. Oklahoma is a state where the employer can fire at will for no reason except for union organization, discrimination, sexual harassment, complaining about workplace harassment, jury duty, Military Service, Health and Safety, and social media activity.

When you fire someone they always want to know why, which I guess is understandable but it doesn't benefit the employer at all to give a reason. I don't think I've ever given someone a reason for firing them unless it was for stealing and that was only so I could make them think that I would be pressing charges and having them arrested.

I'm really glad I don't have employees any more.

Get ready, the "Day Without a Woman" protest is coming March 8.

So I guess "a day without...." will be the next round of pointless protests. Let me know when there's one for middle aged white guys. :)

Bryan

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you fire someone they always want to know why, which I guess is understandable but it doesn't benefit the employer at all to give a reason. I don't think I've ever given someone a reason for firing them unless it was for stealing and that was only so I could make them think that I would be pressing charges and having them arrested.

I'm really glad I don't have employees any more.

So I guess "a day without...." will be the next round of pointless protests. Let me know when there's one for middle aged white guys. :)

Bryan
They have one but most of us old guys can't remember when it is.....

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more I think about this immigrant day off thing, the more it pisses me off. First of all, it's based on flawed logic. Nobody is saying that legal immigrants are a bad thing. After all, just about everyone in this country is an immigrant if you go back enough generations. The push is to end illegal immigration and locate and deport criminals who are here illegally.

The 12 people that did a no call/no show at that place out in Catoosa and got fired for it are victims. Not of their employer, but of the organizers of this "protest" which was based on flawed logic. The world is just full of fake outrage and ignorant despair right now. I just don't get it. It's like people just want to be upset about something.

Are there really people who think illegal/undocumented immigrants are a good idea for the country?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom