This was no Immigrant working day. Did anyone notice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I think about this immigrant day off thing, the more it pisses me off. First of all, it's based on flawed logic. Nobody is saying that legal immigrants are a bad thing. After all, just about everyone in this country is an immigrant if you go back enough generations. The push is to end illegal immigration and locate and deport criminals who are here illegally.

The 12 people that did a no call/no show at that place out in Catoosa and got fired for it are victims. Not of their employer, but of the organizers of this "protest" which was based on flawed logic. The world is just full of fake outrage and ignorant despair right now. I just don't get it. It's like people just want to be upset about something.

Are there really people who thing illegal/undocumented immigrants are a good idea for the country?
If they can vote, then it's the democratic party.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the job, these are the rules. You do the job and follow the rules, you get paid. You don't do the job or don't follow the rules, you get fired. Wonder what part these people did not understand? Yep, they forgot who was the Boss.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the job, these are the rules. You do the job and follow the rules, you get paid. You don't do the job or don't follow the rules, you get fired. Wonder what part these people did not understand? Yep, they forgot who was the Boss.

Exactly. And clearly the companies that fired these folks for no call/no show weren't anti-immigrant or they wouldn't have hired them in the first place. Chances are, they'll be replaced with more immigrants and as long as they're legal I'm all for it!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The employer obviously forgot Title VII requirements and should have told them if they don't come to work they get fired in Espanol.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the weirdest thing. Brownies has two little tiny locations in Tulsa that are usually running at any given time with about four or five employees. If they had spots open for 12 people I don't even see how they would be able to operate.
I'm not sure. It'll be interesting to see if this press helps or hurts their business.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure. It'll be interesting to see if this press helps or hurts their business.

I can't imagine it hurting Brownies business for offering them jobs, but I think the offer might be just to make the other place look bad, even though that doesn't really even make sense. Brownies and the place they were fired from aren't exactly direct competitors. Brownies isn't a bar at all and doesn't even pretend to have any ambiance. I Don't Care Bar & Grill is a bar with food or at least a restaurant with drinks as a big focus. There will be some people that will NEVER go there because of this drama, but I can't imagine any regulars giving a damn about who got fired from the kitchen and there will probably be some people go give them business because of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom