This Was On Breitbart Tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole internet sharing thing seems kind of ridiculous, but I have a friend (who isn’t a conspiracy theorist) that has been telling me for a while that he believes the “govt” can listen in on you using SIRI. I think it would scare us to death if we really knew the capability of what the govt/Amazon/Facebook can do.:bolt:

Most people give me the tin foil hat look, including my kids, when I say how ridiculous I think it is to install a device that is literally designed to eavesdrop on you. I cant believe that for the convenience of dimming a light bulb or asking the temperature, we'll bug our own homes. Kids first argument was that we already do it with our phones. Which is true. So I sent him to search for sound proof boxes to lock them in at home. From what I could tell, that wasn't the point he was trying to make.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing is safe info wise. I finally convinced my mom. My dad, brother and I were talking about pocket knives and my mom and SIL we’re talking about fabric stores. The next day mom called kinda of in shock. He Facebook showed ads for fabric and knife stores. Alexa now plays vintage radio programs in the bathroom

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing is safe info wise. I finally convinced my mom. My dad, brother and I were talking about pocket knives and my mom and SIL we’re talking about fabric stores. The next day mom called kinda of in shock. He Facebook showed ads for fabric and knife stores. Alexa now plays vintage radio programs in the bathroom
Yep, my brother and I were just discussing the same “phenomena”. It’s scary to think what “they” know about us.

I said it in another post a few days ago that I believe this board “shares” information with the ATF/FBI or whoever about gun discussions, and it’s a fact that there’s at least one OK game warden “mole” on here.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is NO privacy, and it's only going to get worse.. Us gray hairs should be thankful we lived in the free America.. As I've told my kids and the youngsters I'm surrounded by the world is going to get ugly.. 2019 should have marked the start of what's coming..

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4B7D9378-DA34-4570-82EE-6EDEBB6AB995.png

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big box stores are in cahoots with Apple. This is from training classes (data collection) I have taken at my big box cell provider, not a conspiracy theory. They (Home Depot for one) have extra gadgets in their ceiling to pinpoint your location down to a few inches. They know which item you might be looking at and for how long. This was billed to us as a way they can conveniently provide you with say, a coupon, for that item while you are looking at it. Probably less of a shock, but the same training class talked about how they already use your receipts to send coupons to your house so "it's not that different". We thought it was just creepy.

Same class: Walmart collects 2.5 petabytes of unstructured data every hour. That's 2,500,000,000,000,000 bytes. A byte is equal to a single letter. That's 802,187,083 bibles worth of data per hour.

Everything about everyone is out there. It is just a matter of mining the data in a way useful to who wants it.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big box stores are in cahoots with Apple. This is from training classes (data collection) I have taken at my big box cell provider, not a conspiracy theory. They (Home Depot for one) have extra gadgets in their ceiling to pinpoint your location down to a few inches. They know which item you might be looking at and for how long. This was billed to us as a way they can conveniently provide you with say, a coupon, for that item while you are looking at it. Probably less of a shock, but the same training class talked about how they already use your receipts to send coupons to your house so "it's not that different". We thought it was just creepy.

Same class: Walmart collects 2.5 petabytes of unstructured data every hour. That's 2,500,000,000,000,000 bytes. A byte is equal to a single letter. That's 802,187,083 bibles worth of data per hour.

Everything about everyone is out there. It is just a matter of mining the data in a way useful to who wants it.

So if I scratch me balls I'll be getting anti itch cream coupons , lol, as I've said MANY times tech advances and mankind regresses..

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol to the Alexa-phobia....best get of the internet, ditch your computers, smart phones, and auto nav systems etc. while you’re at it.

Its a neat tool. We use it for any number of home automation purposes, with eyes wide open about the privacy implications. (We have Sidewalk disabled).

Latest posts

Top Bottom