This weekend has been wild!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a problem with my truck in 5 years. But driving TUL--> Portland everything went off the rails. Wound up breaking down 60 miles east of Albuquerque. I knew I should have taken that left.

So it's pitch black and hovering around freezing. USAA says they can get someone there but I'm supposed to fend for myself on getting a ride because the drivers can't have passengers with the Rona. Fortunately the driver was cool. And got tipped well.

Turns out the fan clutch was falling off my water pump. So I've been hanging out in the ABQ waiting on a stealership to open and either fix it or tell me how much time they need so I can figure out a rental car or flight to actually get to my dang job.

Tell you one thing I'm happy about. I recently upgraded the truck with some locking floor and console safes from Tuffy Products. Because if I have to take a bird, then I am not setup to check 2A stuff in, and could securely lock them up in the truck.

So we'll see how it goes tomorrow. I should be able to limp the truck over to the dealership for my 0715 appointment, or have it towed. At the start of this, it's been sort of drivable in very short runs (before it overheats with no coolant flowing) but since the radiator fan fell the heck off then that takes my alternator out so who knows if it'll make it the two miles.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems an unusual route going to Portland via Albuquerque.
Good luck with repairs without getting ripped off.
The catch is that i70 and i-80 were both subject to closures due to the winter storms, so I took the southern route. Basically from Albuquerque you take some state/US highways north and catch i15 in salt lake then up to i84. It only adds an hour or two of travel time which is about the same as an i-80 delay.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup yup. I'm sitting at the stealer now. Got here at 6 for my 715 appointment. I left the hotel early in case the truck didn't make it and needed a tow. I suppose in about an hour I'll have one of two outcomes.
1. They can fix it today, I wait and continue on
2. They can't fix it and I have to leave it and rent a car or fly up to the job.

Either way I'll know soon enough.. Albuquerque has been nice but I'm ready to go lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom