Thought I’d Share one of My Rimfire Gift Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time I had well over a dozen rimfire rifles. My old eyes has forced me to cut my gathering as they are just not shot much now.

Others on here have shared stories of gifting their fire arms for various reasons. This story is for those of you who may have been considering this. My experience with the process lately was absolutely the most gratifying of any so far. I tell it here as a potential option for readers to consider

A few months back people in the Mayes, Rogers, and Tulsa county have become aware of a story on Facebook of a 3 yr Oldboy from the Pryor area contracting an extremely rare medical condition from of all things raccoon feces. It’s so rare that fewer than 50 cases have been reported in the Us. I believe that number is correct. The boy went through an extended SERIOUS time to the point that his life was in jeopardy because he could not be diagnosed. Family took him to Houston where it was finally reported to be the raccoon feces thing. His Dr l bills had reached middle to upper 6 figures. So people from FB organized an auction to benefit the family. Donations for the auction began to grow. My wife asked if I had anything we could donate. BINGO a rimfire rifle,

I had a semiautomatic .17hmr bought on a whim 4- 5 yrs back that was new in the case original made in Sweden with a new 1 hmr scope via Hawke I had tried to sell here on OSA with no luck. Also had 3 extra 10 round magazines for it too. It’s the middle rifle in this pic.

B603A668-2351-4B83-A058-75F75E8BD670.jpeg

I had about 600 or so in it. The rifle at the fundraiser auction brought $1700 😱😱😱😱.

Food for thought? If you are getting older and don’t shoot as much and have an abundance of firearms, consider fundraising auctions that help others. That rifle brought more than any firearm that evening. Now the hero in this if there’s is one😉 was the 2 guys going back and forth bidding for at least 5 minutes that night. Their generosity to get it to the 1700 bucks final was just unbelievable! We never know what gun lovers will do sometimes,but these 2 fine gentlemen went above and beyond for sure. Also a family in need was blessed by that bidding war.

We just never know what God can do in circumstances like this. The reward personally is a true blessing.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Baylisascaris or however it’s spelled is scary stuff. I’m concerned about getting it from crawling around attics and crawl spaces. I feel like sharing our wealth and good fortune is such a rewarding things to do, and really adds meaning to being successful. I’ve been finding myself wishing I had a bigger boat, so I could volunteer with some of these summer camps and stuff to take kids fishing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom