Thoughts on Canik

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been holding out for a CZ P10c, but was wandering around in Academy yesterday and ran across this deal - the Canik tp9sf elite one series. Now I’m beginning to rethink the CZ. What are your thoughts between the two?
View attachment 344825
Did you know that caniks early entries were metal framed guns with hammers.
They were touted to be the best of cz clones. Several series and models .

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Taurus, Canik (pronounced "zha NEEK") is based in Turkey. Also like Taurus, Canik manufacturing plants have earned ISO9000 certification... so they build nice weaponry now. I bought a compact 'Stingray' model (3.5" barrel, all steel), and it's a magnificent carry gun. Everything I could ask for. Accuracy, affordability, dependability, holster availability, etc.

Sadly, that model was recently replaced, but - although I've not researched them - I'd bet that the new models are high quality, too. Canik management has been vocal about keeping their certification.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a Canik TP9SFx. I purchased it because I liked the looks and the reviews I had read. I have only shot 2 magazines of ammo through it. It ran flawless and has what I consider a great factory trigger. As far as accuracy, it was a accurate as I am. Some days I am more accurate than others and not the best pistol shot. More practice needed!

I purchased the Canik on a whim and really did not need another 9mm. I have considered selling it, but for now I want shoot it some more and really give a more in depth tryout.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Taurus, Canik (pronounced "zha NEEK") is based in Turkey. Also like Taurus, Canik manufacturing plants have earned ISO9000 certification... so they build nice weaponry now. I bought a compact 'Stingray' model (3.5" barrel, all steel), and it's a magnificent carry gun. Everything I could ask for. Accuracy, affordability, dependability, holster availability, etc.

Sadly, that model was recently replaced, but - although I've not researched them - I'd bet that the new models are high quality, too. Canik management has been vocal about keeping their certification.

Taurus is based in Brazil.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The TP9 series is my favorite striker pistol. I feel that the ergonomics are far superior to Glock, and the triggers are outstanding. My personal favorite is the SA model, as I think it has the best trigger pull. Some people are turned off by the decocker button. At the price above, you should grab it. One issue to be aware of is that the guns come with heavy recoil springs meant for NATO ball ammo. In some cases they won't function well with 115 grain target ammo. Canik will send you a lighter spring if you contact them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom