Thoughts on revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Letters Honey Farm

New to the site!
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts on revolvers: I’d like to start collecting a few like the smith and Wesson governor and a .357 because my understanding is I would be able to acquire several different ammos for pistols like these. Seems like others might have this mindset because they seem difficult to find.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a good Smith revolver. There are lots of choices out there depending on what you want. I dont have any experience with the governor, but they're interesting.
My favorites are the J and K frames. They just seem like a good fit for me.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As cool and classy revolvers can be, I hate cleaning them so much that I have a very few. I've even sold two Pythons because of this and because they were too big and heavy for a concealed carry gun. I bought a S&W 625 about a year ago because I couldn't find a good 25 under $1200 and I like stainless.I just always wanted a .45acp revolver. I think I've got around ten revolvers but, I'm not really looking for any more.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I like guns, too, but I have all kinds of trouble with the grip on revolvers. Don't feel right. Not a single one I've shot. It disappoints me. :cry3:It's just not a comfortable shoot for me. :cry3::cry3:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried a Ruger LCR?

That's the one gun of mine I'll NEVER sell or trade. Mostly because it's an awesome little wheelie, but mostly because it was test fired at the factory in 2012 on my birthday. Says so on the little golden envelope containing the factory fired casing.