Thoughts on revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the LCR in .327 Mag, because of the varity of ammo choices available. From .32 short that has almost no recoil up to the .327. A very good round for recoil adverse shooters is the .32 H&R

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love revolvers, much better than autos to my mind. I own half a dozen and 2 autos. Not possible but if I could find a 8 round concealable 357 I would carry that in a heartbeat. Also need a 16 rd to replace my old Ruger P89.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a photograph of my EDC, a S&W Model 65 4" barrel RB with Mag-Na-Porting. It started life as a Square Butt, but the folks in Michigan took care of this when they did the porting.

i210.photobucket.com_albums_bb144_p51mustang36_sw65ss.jpg

It is pretty obvious that it has been around the block a few times, but the gun is as reliable as they come.

The holster is a FIST kydex, made in Brooklyn, NY, for an L-frame, but it still fits the K-frame pretty well.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really enjoy revolvers. I seem to be acquiring Rugers for the most part.

Can't go wrong with cap and ball either, man, that's a lot of fun.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the semi-autos just fine, but have always been a fan of revolvers. Have an M&P 360 that is light enough to drop in a pocket and forget, but pulling the trigger on that thing with full-house loads is an experience. Wish I had two of 'em.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 3" or 4" Smith & Wesson Model 686 is hard to beat. They're a little heavier than the K frames, but are designed to better handle 357 magnum ammo.

I'd personally recommend a 3" Model 686+ for the nice balance and seven round cylinder.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The S&W 686 in a 3 inch is one of my favorites.Also like the Ruger GP100 with a 3 inch barrel.The S&W 640 with a 2 inch barrel is the most comfortable revolver to carry of all my pistols whether revolver or semi auto.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I like guns, too, but I have all kinds of trouble with the grip on revolvers. Don't feel right. Not a single one I've shot. It disappoints me. :cry3:It's just not a comfortable shoot for me. :cry3::cry3:
Secret of revolver grips is to get as high as possible with the right hand, and get as much of your left palm as possible on the grip, squeezing your palms together all the way into your shoulder muscles. Holding a revolver low and loose makes for a miserable shooting experience. Hope this is useful.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret of revolver grips is to get as high as possible with the right hand, and get as much of your left palm as possible on the grip, squeezing your palms together all the way into your shoulder muscles. Holding a revolver low and loose makes for a miserable shooting experience. Hope this is useful.

Yep....or try to shoot single action as much as possible!