Thoughts on the Forster Co-Ax press

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a Forster Co-Ax press in stock and I'm thinking about getting one. I've read a bunch of good reviews, and I really like the ability to quickly change dies and no need for case holders. For anyone who has experience with one, do you feel they are worth it over a more traditional press. My current single stage is a RCBS Rock Chucker. The depriming drives me crazy with primers missing the chute, but otherwise it is a good press. Loads consistent ammo with good dies, but I'd kind of like to try the Forster. Any thoughts?

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used the CoAx for years and here is what I can say:

Pros
Priming system is beautiful
No shell plates needed
Easy to change dies
Very precise

Cons
Price
Proprietary die lock rings

Get the short handle with the ball and you will be set.

I have a few of these in stock that I might be able to get you a better price on than you found, PM me if you are interested.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used the CoAx for years and here is what I can say:

Pros
Priming system is beautiful
No shell plates needed
Easy to change dies
Very precise

Cons
Price
Proprietary die lock rings

Get the short handle with the ball and you will be set.

I have a few of these in stock that I might be able to get you a better price on than you found, PM me if you are interested.
Do you have the entire press available, or just the short handle with the ball?

I should clarify, I found one online, but also just found a post on here with one for sale a little over a month ago. I’ve made contact with the seller and will be making arrangements to meet them this week. I will be on the lookout though for a short throw handle.

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of the difference between carrying an FN509 and a Stacatto. Both will do anything you can imagine, accurately and with class, but you know the feeling of a C2 in your hand. That was the analogy I was given by a buddy with one.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of the difference between carrying an FN509 and a Stacatto. Both will do anything you can imagine, accurately and with class, but you know the feeling of a C2 in your hand. That was the analogy I was given by a buddy with one.
That was pretty good. I got it set up this evening. I'm liking it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom